Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
moving back to east coast, but where should i move to? >

moving back to east coast, but where should i move to?

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

moving back to east coast, but where should i move to?

Old 03-19-2012, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Stonewall308
I went to Boone for a concert once. Didn't get to see much of the place.

Check out Lake Jocasse sometime if you have a small to medium size boat. It is about 4 hours away from Boone, but it is well worth it, and my favorite place in the world to camp.
Jocassie is awsome, 2nd trip there last week two bass over 5# and caught 6 trout. Last trip all we got was trout and all were big keepers.

As for places on the coast, Charlotte area is alright the airports right here, I like Mt Holly, and Belmont area. Just north of the airport and still pretty country/ land available. Also there 3 lakes within 15 miles of those towns. Housing market is good there also. Good luck
Old 04-05-2012, 02:42 AM
Spike

Default Re place to relocate

I would reccomend the Raleigh NC area,For what your looking for it pretty much has it all.RDU airport,fedex ups dhl and and all major freight and trucking companies are right there.The area is not affected by the downturn in the econony like alot of other statesHas been rated as on of the top ten places to live for about 15 years now.Great schools,shopping,dineing very pretty area,lots of hardwoods and slight rooling hills.Hunting is great. Big buck counties are Wake,Orange,Durham,Chatam,Caswell,Alamance,Granvil le,and Person. And no dog hunting in these counties.Most all counties east of Wake to the coast are allowed dang dogging .Deer quality is fair but buck to doe ratios ate running anywhere from 6 to as high as 12 to 1 because of lots of non resident hunters and the brown its down guys in the areas. Average buck life span in N eastern and S eastern Nc is about 18 months.You will have a few spots that have a good buck here and then.like Northhampton Co.but a 120 vuck is considered good for the coastal plains area of the state. The counties I mentioned above dont get pressured like eastern counties and bucks average 130 140 but in wake durham chatham orange 150 160 are there. Your only 1.8 hrs from the coast and pope afb and seamore johnson are 40 minutes from the Raleigh area. As for the wester parts like Boone they are pretty but not much job growth or economey. Low deer numbers and short seasons. Like I said it a pretty area but more of a getaway or tourist area.Pm me if you need any more info.Thanks and hope this helps out.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:46 AM
Spike

Default Re place to relocate

I would reccomend the Raleigh NC area,For what your looking for it pretty much has it all.RDU airport,fedex ups dhl and and all major freight and trucking companies are right there.The area is not affected by the downturn in the econony like alot of other statesHas been rated as on of the top ten places to live for about 15 years now.Great schools,shopping,dineing very pretty area,lots of hardwoods and slight rooling hills.Hunting is great. Big buck counties are Wake,Orange,Durham,Chatam,Caswell,Alamance,Granvil le,and Person. And no dog hunting in these counties.Most all counties east of Wake to the coast are allowed dang dogging .Deer quality is fair but buck to doe ratios ate running anywhere from 6 to as high as 12 to 1 because of lots of non resident hunters and the brown its down guys in the areas. Average buck life span in N eastern and S eastern Nc is about 18 months.You will have a few spots that have a good buck here and then.like Northhampton Co.but a 120 buck is considered good for the coastal plains area of the state. The counties I mentioned above dont get pressured like eastern counties and bucks average 130 140 but in wake durham chatham orange 150 160 are there. Your only 1.8 hrs from the coast and pope afb and seamore johnson are 40 minutes from the Raleigh area. As for the wester parts like Boone they are pretty but not much job growth or economy. Low deer numbers and short seasons. Like I said it a pretty area but more of a getaway or tourist area.Pm me if you need any more info.Thanks and hope this helps out.