Sunday hunting bill sb 464 >

Sunday hunting bill sb 464

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Sunday hunting bill sb 464

Old 02-14-2012, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sunday hunting bill sb 464

I just got a email from the Virginia Sunday Hunting Coalition saying that the bill will be voted on tomorrow Feb 15 at 8 am.....we need to call and mail all the same people as before and tell them to vote yes.....hope it passes.......
Old 02-14-2012, 09:51 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the update
Old 02-14-2012, 04:35 PM
Spike

I'm afraid they will kill it in committee. Hope 'm wrong.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:59 PM
Typical Buck

they say its not looking good, there is some kind of special meeting being called at an offtime, speculation is so they can kill the bill quietly
Old 02-15-2012, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just read on another site the Sunday Hunting bill SB 464 FAILED 4-3........
Dog hunters win again.......
Old 02-15-2012, 08:42 AM
Typical Buck

can someone explain to me why exactly the dog hunters ( not stereotyping, im sure there are some doghunters who arent anti-sunday hunting) dont want sunday hunting?
Old 02-15-2012, 09:06 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by scottycoyote
can someone explain to me why exactly the dog hunters ( not stereotyping, im sure there are some doghunters who arent anti-sunday hunting) dont want sunday hunting?
Believe it has to do with training their dogs on sunday free of hunters.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by scottycoyote
Scottycoyote.....this is what I think......when you use dogs to hunt on saturday and you don't find them all after the hunt then Sunday is the day you go out to look for them......now if you were to use them on Sunday and don't find them all after the hunt is over what do you do.....????....take off Monday....????...let them run the woods all week and hope they don't get hit by a car on the road or just get lost and you never get them back....so to me it seems like the dog hunters that don't want Sunday hunting are saying if I can't hunt on Sunday because I can't / won't use my dogs then I don't want ANYBODY to hunt Sunday.....that's just my .02
Old 02-15-2012, 10:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

I DON'T FREAKIN' BELIEVE IT..... SB464 FAILED !!!!

As I posted on VA Sportsmen this morning...
Hey guys...

My wife had to get up early this morning to open the daycare center where she works. Over in the west end of Richmond, right near Gayton Rd and Pump Rd., she hit a doe this morning with her Chevy Cobalt.

She's okay. Everything is cool. She's upset, pi$$ed off and stuff, but it could have been worse!

The doe took off to parts unknown into someone's yard. The Chevy Cobalt has a busted grill, dented hood, and no sign of really severe damage (thank God). We didn't want to drive it, and had it towed to Dominion Chevy in Short Pump.
NOW AIN'T THIS JUST IRONIC... SB464 GETS SHOT DOWN AND MY WIFE HITS A $&#^% DEER THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!

Lastly, thank you, Virginia... Thank you... Continue to keep Virginia stuck in the 1890's. You just lost a hunter! I'm done hunting in Virginia! I'll hunt my sister & brother-in-law's farm up in upstate NY from now on!
Old 02-15-2012, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by ButchA
I DON'T FREAKIN' BELIEVE IT..... SB464 FAILED !!!!

As I posted on VA Sportsmen this morning...
NOW AIN'T THIS JUST IRONIC... SB464 GETS SHOT DOWN AND MY WIFE HITS A $&#^% DEER THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!

Lastly, thank you, Virginia... Thank you... Continue to keep Virginia stuck in the 1890's. You just lost a hunter! I'm done hunting in Virginia! I'll hunt my sister & brother-in-law's farm up in upstate NY from now on!
I wouldn't quit hunting locally over it,
I have a place in pa which is going through similar sh rules.
Where upstate is your inlaws farm? I also have a place in upstate ny(northern lewis county)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.