Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Sunday Hunting Web Site...... >

Sunday Hunting Web Site......

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Sunday Hunting Web Site......

Old 01-31-2012, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just sent each of them a short email just asking them to vote YES for Sunday Hunting..
......come on guys....let's keep the pressure on.....every call and email counts....Thanks...
...Mike
Old 01-31-2012, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

Doesn't look good guys...I saw this on another forum. This thing will probably die in the subcommittee before it ever gets to a full house vote.

"Unfortunately, it goes to a House Subcommittee this week. The Subcommittee is 7 members. Delegates Ware, Wright, Edmunds and Wilt are firmly against it. Plum and Lewis are for it and Farris is in the middle. If you care, you should send an email to all those against it, and Farris.

In all likelyhood, this will die in the House Subcommittee, before it even goes to the full house committee (and then the full house).

I went to the Senate meetings, and have been speaking to lobbyists and groups on both sides. It's the biggest bunch of garbage I've ever seen. For some reason fox hunters, dog hunters and the farm bureau don't want me to hunt on my own land. Everybody's lookin out for #1"
Old 02-01-2012, 08:37 AM
Spike

[quote=saltflyz;3907063]Doesn't look good guys...I saw this on another forum. This thing will probably die in the subcommittee before it ever gets to a full house vote.

"Unfortunately, it goes to a House Subcommittee this week. The Subcommittee is 7 members. Delegates Ware, Wright, Edmunds and Wilt are firmly against it. Plum and Lewis are for it and Farris is in the middle. If you care, you should send an email to all those against it, and Farris.

In all likelyhood, this will die in the House Subcommittee, before it even goes to the full house committee (and then the full house).

I went to the Senate meetings, and have been speaking to lobbyists and groups on both sides. It's the biggest bunch of garbage I've ever seen. For some reason fox hunters, dog hunters and the farm bureau don't want me to hunt on my own land. Everybody's lookin out for #1"[/quote]

Thanks for the update. I sent out emails and called their offices this am. Trying to do my part.

At some point the dog hunters and fox hunters will request my help in writing a state senator or delegate to help their cause. I will be there with my middle finger standing tall in the air.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by saltflyz
For some reason fox hunters, dog hunters and the farm bureau don't want me to hunt on my own land. Everybody's lookin out for #1"
This needs to be rephrased. I hunt with dogs sometimes, and I want both you and I to be able to hunt on our own land. I also don't support the VA Dog Hunting Association, nor do the majority of guys I hunt with. I only know of one that supports them at all, and it was several years ago that he made a small donation and bought a hat. The rest of us do not, and will not support them. I have just as much of a problem with them as you do, but it's no reason to blame everyone who hunts with dogs.

As for the next post, I've also written several letters to our representatives on this matter. You are blaming a large group of people for something a small portion of them is actually doing.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by slowr1der
This needs to be rephrased. I hunt with dogs sometimes, and I want both you and I to be able to hunt on our own land. I also don't support the VA Dog Hunting Association, nor do the majority of guys I hunt with. I only know of one that supports them at all, and it was several years ago that he made a small donation and bought a hat. The rest of us do not, and will not support them. I have just as much of a problem with them as you do, but it's no reason to blame everyone who hunts with dogs.

As for the next post, I've also written several letters to our representatives on this matter. You are blaming a large group of people for something a small portion of them is actually doing.
Very good post! It seems the dog hunting association likes to think they speak for all dog hunters and they seem to have many of our representatives fooled.