Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters!!! >

Greenswamp wma hunters!!!

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters!!!

Old 12-14-2011, 11:00 AM
Fork Horn

Huntin away from other people is always good...yea I can't wait til after Christmas I got the last 3 weeks of the season off, durin this time I will to be livin in the trees. Wish we would get a little cooler weather to come in to get em movin a little better, as of last weekend 471 gate only had 13 deer.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:03 PM
Dominant Buck

Rockridge has 12 deer so far. The last one was shot with a bow ..a 7 point that weighed 169

I've been seeing a few deer but they have not been moving. If ya want a deer your going to have to work for it..inside dense bayheads , prayerand where there are lot's of sign.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

Yea you are right about that...I usually setup on a deer trail that I seen several deer cross from bayhead to bayhead last year, this year I have only seen 4, although I have seen some good sign on the edge of the bayheads I beleive they are pretty much stayin in the bayheads durin the day due to it bein warm, so I plan to go inside the bayheads and see if I can find more sign and a good place to setup. Hopefully I will get an oppritunity or two.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:23 PM
Dominant Buck

I have my stand inside a bayhead now that's being used twice a day...I only found one tree barely big enough for a stand..I plan to sit all day in it Mon. Usually with the bucks you get one opportunity ..I hope I don't blow it.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:33 AM
Fork Horn

Sometimes it can be hard findin good trees in the bayheads, I'm hopin I can find 1 or 2, the bayhead I plan goin in I have never been inside before, but have seen quite a bit of deer come outta there so I'm about certain they are usin it for a beddin area. I will be out there monday and the rest of this upcomin week, I'm excited about some good rain tied with a cold front comin in tuesday just might be enough to get them bucks movin good.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Sounds like we have the same plan.{ -:
Old 12-29-2011, 02:22 PM
Fork Horn

I'm stumped...I have sat mon.-thurs. this week, only seein 3 turkeys and 1 doe. Its like someone hit a light switch OFF. Only found 2 trees freshly rubbed between 4 different areas all week, went into several bayheads found hardly no fresh sign. Even the hogs aint movin much now. The best sign I seen was near the North fence, and judgin by the size of trees rubbed down it was a button buck. It seems almost like the deer aint goin into rut. The past 3 days 0 deer checked out of 471 gate. The best news of this week is findin out that its gonna stay cool for a while. C'MON DEER PLEASE MOVE, SHOW ME SOME GOOD SIGN!!!
Old 12-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Spike

I went out today hoping the weather would help...nada. I did see lots of fresh tracks and paths in the bay heads...but no deer. I dis find lots of ticks...yuck, I got some permathin on the way home.
I'll try again tomorrow, I'm not going this weekend to avoid the crowds. The ranger said today was busy, over 100 through the 471 gate by sunrise.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Fork Horn

Yea I don't know whats goin on the deer are bein wierd this year...
Old 12-29-2011, 07:02 PM
Spike

While I was driving on 54 I saw a huge buck chasing a doe across a pasture today. I know it's not green swamp but it's near by. I'm convincing myself that this a good sign.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.