Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Virginia muzzle seasons here >

Virginia muzzle seasons here

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Virginia muzzle seasons here

Old 11-04-2011, 02:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default Virginia muzzle seasons here

Good Luck to all who are going out tomorrow......
im hunting with a 50 cal knight wolverine ....loaded with 100g pyrodex p and 245 g shockwave.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yeah...can't wait for the morning! But I woke up today not feeling so well. It won't stop me from going, but I don't want to get worse and mess up my season!

Hunting with a T/C Omega, 300gr Speer DeepCurl, 110gr Blackhorn 209, and CCI 209M primers. Here's hoping to put the smack down on something special!

Good luck to everyone who is finally getting out in the woods for the first time this season!
Old 11-04-2011, 04:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

7.62Nato, How do you like the Blackhorn 209 powder?

I'm using a TC Omega, 245 grain XTP in front of 100 grains of 777. Good luck to all and be safe!
Old 11-04-2011, 04:15 AM
Typical Buck

I know and I can't wait. But I have to help my wife get a deer before I do. She just started hunting last year and I got her on a nice little 7 ptr last year she missed. She is a good shot at the range, but on deer she takes too much time. With bucks, you don't have time. Fortunately that same buck came out the next evening and I dropped him with my .30-06.

So this year I have to really get her on one. My goal is to get her enough confidence so she can hunt from the blind in the field and I can go to my stand in the woods. Then we will have more area covered.

She is using a TC Encore Pro Hunter and I am using a Knight Revolution. Both with 100 gr Pyrodex pellets, Hornady SST 250 gr bullets and Pyrodex shotgun primers.

Good luck everyone. Post pics if you get one.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:46 AM
Typical Buck

This is the first season that I have not gotten at least one deer with my Xbow, so I am definitely looking forward to BP opening season tomorrow. I think the bucks are starting to search out the does so things should be picking up. I was sighting in my Traditions Pursuit this past weekend and the trigger mechanism quit working on me. It has a horrendous trigger pull anyways. I shot three rounds and then the firing pin stopped setting off the primer. I knew I would not have enough time to get it fixed and back to the range, so I bought a CVA magnum wolf, switched my Leupold over from the Traditions and dialed it in on the same day. I am using the same set up which is a 250gr Barnes TEZ loaded with 110gr of BH209 and a CCI 209M primer. I am going to have the traditions fixed and then have it for a spare gun. Good luck to everyone!
Old 11-04-2011, 05:01 AM
Fork Horn

good luck to everyone tomorrow. i hear we are in for some serious wind tomorrow also, not really sure how to set up or which stand to sit in with this wind we are expected to see tomorrow. just hoping that the weather man will be wrong again
Old 11-04-2011, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

VAHunter - I love it the BH209. Not swabbing between shots at the range is a big deal for me, and BH209's non-hydroscopic properties are another HUGE plus. Last year I had the unfortunate experience of having the same load in the gun for 7 straight weeks (read - no deer to shoot at and did lots of hunting) and it went bang when I fired it after the season closed.

Ohboy - Aren't they calling for 11 mph winds? That's not so bad, IMO. If you can't stand being in the treestand, it's a perfect time to get down and still hunt. The wind will help conceal your movement and your sound.

If any of you haven't checked out the Blackpowder subforum here, I suggest you do so. Lots of knowledgeable folks there, and lots of quirky banter. And the subject of BH209 comes up, oh...I dunno...just about every day.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:27 AM
Typical Buck

I'm so pumped and looking forward to the next three weeks. I've got a great season lined up and have been anticipating this all year long. I have the next three weeks off and the guys I hunt with have finally found that overhunting certain stands is not the way to go. So our great stands will be great when they are supposed to be. I talked my brother in law into trying hunting this year and he is pumped and taking a few weeks off with me. My goal this year is to get him a deer. If you read my sig line, I'm hunting with the Savage ML-10. It's one of the only ML's that will allow you to shoot smokeless powder along with a real .45 or .50 Caliber bullet. Every deer I have ever shot with that gun has never ran more than 20 yds, it is a pure DKM. OK, enough ranting. Good luck everyone.

VA
Old 11-04-2011, 08:37 AM
Fork Horn

Can't get out until Monday but I have M-W off so I'm excited as well. I broke down and bought a new BP rifle this summer and can't wait to fire it at a live target! Good luck everyone getting out on Saturday!
Old 11-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Fork Horn

Weather report looks good. I like a little wind in my face while hunting. I'm hunting down in Henry county.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.