Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Sunday Hunting in Virginia >

Sunday Hunting in Virginia

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Sunday Hunting in Virginia

Old 10-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Spike

Default Sunday Hunting in Virginia

Anyone have plans on Saturday that are preventing them from deer hunting? Wish you could go Sunday morning and then catch up on some NFL, family time, the late Church service? Anyone have a kids sporting event Saturday only to have him/her sit idly by on Sunday instead of learning valuable lessons outdoors? The examples go on an on of why we should hunt on Sundays in Virginia. As such, I ask for your support.

I am working with a group of individuals the Commonwealth to repeal the ban on Sunday hunting. I see one of my friends has posted today as well. We can't stress this enough everyone!

I ask that you join the Facebook group Legalize Virginia Sunday Hunting for All in support of our efforts. I can assure you two things.

1) The Facebook group numbers need to increase - we need your help to do so. Click the hyperlink above to join. If the link fails you can find the group here:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/291807261572/

2) Facebook won't do it alone. There are other significant efforts happening which will be revealed post election.

We need your help. Facebook is a great grassroots machine. Join the effort.

Thank you for your support.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:33 AM
Spike

I agree man, why the hell is the "no hunting on sunday" rule still in effect. This is such a stupid blue law its not even funny. I bet alot of people dont even go to church on sundays anymore.

Wasnt this an old law that the Puritans enacted?
Old 10-29-2011, 05:37 AM
Spike

With the VDGIF voting in favor of Sunday hunting I would think it will happen in 2012. I look forward to making a choice when Sunday rolls around as to whether or not I want to hunt on that day. Thanks to people like you who have taken up the fight to help get this thing approved. I can't think of one person/hunter I know that doesn't want to see this passed. I'm sure it will be a main factor in the fee increases for next year, but it's expected that they will find something to increase fees every year.

Good Hunting!
Old 10-29-2011, 05:40 AM
Spike

tdoro89 I'll dig up what I have regarding its history and let you know.

I don't know if I totally agree with your statement but do think it has some validity. But the decline is not due to hunting on Sunday's. If anything its the modern society and all that pulls a person away from church.

In regards to hunting impact on the number of folks in the pews on Sunday I would say it is minimal at best. The deep south seems to have no issue with it and Lord knows they're very rooted in their faith. Heck some churches have early services just for hunters. And if church is your thing there is always a later service.

Again though, this is not a religious issue. It's a property rights and personal choice matter.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:47 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Average Joe
With the VDGIF voting in favor of Sunday hunting I would think it will happen in 2012. I look forward to making a choice when Sunday rolls around as to whether or not I want to hunt on that day. Thanks to people like you who have taken up the fight to help get this thing approved. I can't think of one person/hunter I know that doesn't want to see this passed. I'm sure it will be a main factor in the fee increases for next year, but it's expected that they will find something to increase fees every year.

Good Hunting!
AverageJoe - Thanks for your support. I hope you joined the Facebook group.

I must note that if someone on here is not on Facebook you can still act. After the election on 11/8 it's time to email/write/call your Delegates and Reps in Richmond. Here is how to find them: http://conview.state.va.us/whosmy.nsf/main?openform

Many of them have stated that they are in favor but their constituents are not. That's simply due to them being louder than us. They MUST hear from us in order to change anything.

Stay tuned.... this is going to be a fun challenge!

Last edited by tmwtrfwler; 10-29-2011 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:18 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry but I am one of the ones banned from the site. The reason was the I made some statements not against the porgram but on how some advocated doing it. There are many banned from the site becuase they did not fall in lock step and questioned the motives of some who were running the site. I agree the removal of theban is a must but apparently some do not like to be questioned about their methods.

Remove all banned IP's and make it a true discussion of the issue.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:46 AM
Fork Horn

screw facebook..............................
Old 10-31-2011, 04:12 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by vapahunter
Sorry but I am one of the ones banned from the site. The reason was the I made some statements not against the porgram but on how some advocated doing it. There are many banned from the site becuase they did not fall in lock step and questioned the motives of some who were running the site. I agree the removal of theban is a must but apparently some do not like to be questioned about their methods.

Remove all banned IP's and make it a true discussion of the issue.
Vapahunter that's unfortunate to hear. I'm not an admin of that site but do post there frequently. Please feel free to share your insight here and we'll keep the discussion going. I'm all ears.

Regarding the Facebook board I can speak for only myself and thank you for your support. Feel free to PM me your name and I'll look into the matter.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:12 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by rlpsystems
screw facebook..............................
That's fair. But where do you stand on the issue?
Old 10-31-2011, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Guys i'v said it before....it not about "A Day of Rest" with most of the dog hunters that don't want Sunday Hunting.......it's all about using Sunday as the day you go out and find the dogs you couldn't find on Saturday......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.