Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
meeting with a couple VA Game Wardens >

meeting with a couple VA Game Wardens

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

meeting with a couple VA Game Wardens

Old 10-22-2011, 03:18 PM
Typical Buck

I do not have a problem either with any landowner telling anyone they can not hunt on their land on Sunday. That is their right as a landowner.
What torques me off to no end is other hunters and so called hunting organization that tell an entire state what they can and can not do. And then say it hs nothing to do with religion. Baloney

They stand in front of others and say they will do what ever is necessary to support the sport and then say they are against Sunday Hunting.

They say that hunters should stick together and do everything necessary to promote the sport and then say they are against Sunday Hunting.

They moan and complain that the number of hunters are declining then say they are against Sunday Hunting.

They complain when people do not support gun rights and then say they are against Sunday hunting.

I can go on and on and on but any hunter who says they support this sport should be supporting Sunday Hunting in all states. Many of these same people who say they do not want Sunday Hunting would jump at a free hunt in any of the big states that have Sunday Hunting. How many would wake up on a Sunday Morning in any Western State and tell their guide they can not hunt because it is Sunday. Let the first one stand and say they would and I will call them a liar. They would be in the field at 5 am right along with everybody else. DANG HYPOCRITES,

Last edited by vapahunter; 10-22-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
I do not have a problem either with any landowner telling anyone they can not hunt on their land on Sunday. That is their right as a landowner.
What torques me off to no end is other hunters and so called hunting organization that tell an entire state what they can and can not do. And then say it hs nothing to do with religion. Baloney

They stand in front of others and say they will do what ever is necessary to support the sport and then say they are against Sunday Hunting.

They say that hunters should stick together and do everything necessary to promote the sport and then say they are against Sunday Hunting.

They moan and complain that the number of hunters are declining then say they are against Sunday Hunting.

They complain when people do not support gun rights and then say they are against Sunday hunting.

I can go on and on and on but any hunter who says they support this sport should be supporting Sunday Hunting in all states. Many of these same people who say they do not want Sunday Hunting would jump at a free hunt in any of the big states that have Sunday Hunting. How many would wake up on a Sunday Morning in any Western State and tell their guide they can not hunt because it is Sunday. Let the first one stand and say they would and I will call them a liar. They would be in the field at 5 am right along with everybody else. DANG HYPOCRITES,
I'm not sure it is "religion" by itself that is behind the Sunday hunting ban any more. Now the VAHDA will try to convince people of this but I don't believe it. I spoke with my state senator this spring after SB 850 was defeated. He said our biggest opponents were the VAHDA and the Farm Bureau. He said not one church organization spoke against hunting on Sunday that he heard.

He also told me it was his opinion that the VDGIF was going to have to come out and publicly support Sunday hunting before it would have a chance to pass. At least the VDGIF has finally come out and supported Sunday hunting.

Last edited by VAhuntr; 10-22-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry but noone yes noone can support the ban on Sunday Hunting with makaing a religious reference IE the animals need a day of rest is strictly religious based. Wanting a day of no hunting is another way to say a day of rest. yes it is based on Religion right from the git go. and our legislature continues the ban but they can not give you a reason not based on religion which is unconstitutional. They can not do it.

I challenge any legislator that votes for the ban to justify it without mentioning a day of rest.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
Sorry but noone yes noone can support the ban on Sunday Hunting with makaing a religious reference IE the animals need a day of rest is strictly religious based. Wanting a day of no hunting is another way to say a day of rest. yes it is based on Religion right from the git go. and our legislature continues the ban but they can not give you a reason not based on religion which is unconstitutional. They can not do it.

I challenge any legislator that votes for the ban to justify it without mentioning a day of rest.

My local Senator did not support SB850 because he stated that he received more emails, letters, and phone calls from constituents that were against Sunday hunting, than were for it.

The legislators think the majority of hunters are against Sunday hunting, likely because of the efforts of the VAHDA. A "day of rest" is only one of the many reasons it is banned.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:26 AM
Spike

I do know that State Senator Dave Marsden was one of 2 or 3 that voted in support of Sunday hunting in the Committee. I dont recall the others, but can find it.

He is up for re-election this fall.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Eyedr
I do know that State Senator Dave Marsden was one of 2 or 3 that voted in support of Sunday hunting in the Committee. I dont recall the others, but can find it.

He is up for re-election this fall.

Senator Chap Peterson was the other I believe.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:37 AM
Fork Horn

Default Where did this come from????

Originally Posted by Krypt Keeper
Sunday is basically a go. Said if it doesn't start next season he would be surprised.
KK.... I'm 100 and 50% in favor of Sunday Hunting.... but I'm trying to figure out where the CPO's are getting their info from? Are they immersed in the VA Legislative process to the point that they know what bills are going to be introduced this year? and also know who will be in office and the way that they will vote?
If they made the statement based on the VDGIF's open support of SH they are still wrong...
Old 10-28-2011, 12:55 PM
Spike

There is a grass roots effort afoot to see this thing through. We are posting what politicians and candidates say what in the hopes of getting the word our for the election on November 8th.

Come and join us in the effort.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/291807261572/
Old 10-28-2011, 01:44 PM
Spike

Default Sunday Hunting in Virginia

I'm delighted to see this post on this forum. I am working with a group of individuals in Richmond and Tidewater to repeal the ban on Sunday hunting. I see one of my friends has posted today as well. We can't stress this enough everyone!

I ask that you join the Facebook group Legalize Virginia Sunday Hunting for All in support of our efforts. I can assure you two things.

1) The Facebook group numbers need to increase - we need your help to do so

2) Facebook won't do it alone. There are other significant efforts happening which will be revealed post election.

We need your help. Facebook is a great grassroots machine. Join the effort.

Thank you for your support.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
...He said our biggest opponents were the VAHDA and the Farm Bureau.....
This.

They are the major opposition. So, if you're a member of either call them and let them know you don't appreciate them speaking on your behalf.

It's sad that the VAHDA is against it and essentially backstabbing the same group of hunters who stood by their side and fought for dog hunting a few years back. This is the thanks we get.... Let them know!

It's sad that the VA Farm Bureau continues to lobby against Hunters when a large portion of their clients are hunters. Let them know how you feel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.