HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   How 'bout it Va? What you all seeing out there? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/351007-how-bout-va-what-you-all-seeing-out-there.html)

mackesr 10-06-2011 04:50 AM

How 'bout it Va? What you all seeing out there?

I saw a real nice buck trying to cross the road near my house on Monday morning at 5:30am where I NEVER see deer cross, and also saw a really nice buck feeding on the side of I-95 in Stafford on Tuesday morning around 6:30am. Thats two nice bucks in two mornings in a row and that is unusual for me. I will be on my stand this evening so hope a buck walks by. What are you all seeing out there in Va? Kind of quite on here.

Stonewall308 10-06-2011 12:38 PM

I hunted Saturday and saw a small doe then a doe and small fawn.

I'm sitting all day tomorrow.

QuanticoKidd 10-06-2011 02:04 PM

I scouted Quantico today found a good spot but no deer. Back about 7 year's ago I use to see a big buck on the LocaShade Park side of I-95 that was a heavy 8 pointer with a drop tine but havent seen him in years he was old looking probably died from natural cuases in the park he use to come out in the evening along I-95 North by the Powerline by the Park

Lebensj 10-06-2011 06:21 PM

Went on Quantico Saturday and saw a couple of does about dark. Sat about 4 hours yesterday evening over by Spotsy courthouse in a spot that I almost always at least see deer and didn’t see anything except mosquitoes about the size of turkeys. I’m going to try Quantico again tomorrow and see how it goes. There was a big buck I’ve been seeing in the evening off I-95 on the east side around Mile Marker 146 but I haven’t seen him lately.

dakine999 10-07-2011 08:34 AM

I had a pretty exciting hunt on Tuesday in Albemarle County. Saw a doe and two fawns in the morning but they stayed about 50 yards off and it was too thick. In the afternoon/evening I saw 3 does and 4 bucks. 2 of the bucks hung out at 15 yards for about 10 minutes. They were all young bucks and it is early in the season so I just enjoyed the show. I thought I was going to get a shot at one of the does but got busted by another doe that I didn't see when I went to draw.

VA5326 10-07-2011 08:59 AM

I haven't been able to hunt yet this year due to domestic responsibilities. Come the beginning of November it's on though. I have three weeks off in a row starting Oct 27. However my close friends aren't seeing anything but does and small bucks, so far. That's usually the way it is where we hunt. I know we have several shooters on our property this year. We're trying to minimize our intrusion in the woods until the end of October because we know the mature deer will be on their feet during daylight sometime within that time frame. I'm planning on doing a bunch of all day sits this Fall. So excited.....

VA

vadeer 10-10-2011 10:38 AM

Small, very small

I've been out over the prior four hunting days. If I seen anything at all, they are all small/fawns. These same properties were loaded with deer last year this time.

Stonewall308 10-10-2011 02:35 PM

My early season has been very slow so far, sounds like everyone else's has been too.

I am really looking forward to the end of October. I hope we get a nice cold snap and the rut comes in early again.

Invented 10-10-2011 05:44 PM

Saw 3 bucks together when I was walking out on Friday, just before dark. They were laying in the bean field and jumped up about 25 yards in front of me. :violin:

Foxer1984 10-10-2011 06:23 PM

I've done some scouting and put some cameras out about two weeks ago but havent been hunting yet, hopefully this week I'll be in the stand some. Night Shift really messes up my hunting.