Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
How 'bout it Va? What you all seeing out there? >

How 'bout it Va? What you all seeing out there?

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

How 'bout it Va? What you all seeing out there?

Old 10-14-2011, 07:14 AM
Fork Horn

ive shot a lot of does in urban settings this year. have not seen much buck activity. i just picked up a good place in fairfax(15 acres). i hope to give it a try today and tomorrow. my problem is that in the places i hunt the landowners wants the deer gone. if i dont shoot something they will let others hunt it and i usaully end up just shooting does or shoot a basket buck. i have around 12 places that i hunt.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:01 AM
Typical Buck

o2bebowhunting, if you need someone to come shoot some does, let me know.

I live in fairfax county, and I have been asking around and keeping my ears open for places to do urban archery, with no success. Tomorrow morning I'm waking up at 4 a.m. to drive to Culpeper to hunt.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Spike

i just moved into the area, (military) and I second the notion, if you need any assistance, just let me know, (I just love to put meat in the freezer). I will respect any and all rules, i've been to Quantico 4 times now and every time i go i have to go to a different and new area because the only ones i know are taken. oh well it's been fun nonetheless.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:03 AM
Fork Horn

Stonewall308,
Give the Suburban Whitetail Management folks a call. Yeah there are a few hoops to jump through, but free lunches are few and far between. Here is the website: http://www.deerdamage.org/ . My buddy, before he moved out of state, was a member and he was hunting all year long....blocks away from his home (near intersection of Hwy. 50 and Hwy. 28). The club was always calling him to meet clients needs. His freezer was always full of venison. I'm not a member as I have my own land, but it sure seems like a great way to be hunting with your bow all year long.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:33 AM
Typical Buck

Still nothing but does and small bucks here.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Fork Horn

Had a small 4pt chasing 3 does by me in Amelia this morning.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:34 PM
Fork Horn

I passed a spike and 4 does this evening but they big boys are still not moving in the Quantico area
Old 10-15-2011, 11:27 PM
Spike

I saw a squirrel and a chipmunk in two days
Old 10-16-2011, 06:49 AM
Fork Horn

Went out Saturday morning in Clifton and saw 12 total deer but only two were within range. All does except for a little one horn spike which was pushing does around. I shot that one horn spike thinking it was a doe. I had a really small yearly doe come underneath my stand with a bigger deer walking behind her, which I thought was a doe. I did a quick check with binos and didn't see anything on top of its head. I got a clear shot at 10 yds and took it. When I got to the deer I noticed then it was a button buck. It wasn't until i rolled it over and noticed a one inch spike on the on top of its head. Wasn't real happy that I had to use a buck tag on it but atleast I made a good shot on it. This is my second deer during the acrchery season so far. I am in the same boat as o2be in the fact the landowners want the deer gone so I did my civic duty.
Attached Thumbnails How 'bout it Va? What you all seeing out there?-img-20111015-00068.jpg  
Old 10-17-2011, 05:04 AM
Typical Buck

Got in the stand saturday morning, while attaching my harness in the dark I got blown at. As the light began to increase saw a doe walking in to my right, 15 minutes later a buck walked out from the same spot. Looked to be an 8pt So I shot him, while waiting 2 more doe walked out. Recovered my buck about 30 yards from the shot.

Most activity I have seen all yr.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.