Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
How 'bout it Va? What you all seeing out there? >

How 'bout it Va? What you all seeing out there?

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

How 'bout it Va? What you all seeing out there?

Old 10-17-2011, 06:26 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Krypt Keeper
Got in the stand saturday morning, while attaching my harness in the dark I got blown at. As the light began to increase saw a doe walking in to my right, 15 minutes later a buck walked out from the same spot. Looked to be an 8pt So I shot him, while waiting 2 more doe walked out. Recovered my buck about 30 yards from the shot.

Most activity I have seen all yr.
Congrats.

I was out at Quantico on Saturday afternoon, saw two small does,wind wasn't too bad.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:29 AM
Fork Horn

sat. morning i was setup between 2 fields in some tall pines, 1 field was a big cotton field and the other is a small soy bean field and around 730 i saw a big 6pt about 60-70yds away heading towards the cotton field, kinda wish i had my lil' can call cause i would of tried it to see what happens but i figured it is too early to use them so i didnt have it with me. never saw the buck anymore that morning. in the evening i setup near the bean field and saw several does right at dark but didnt wanna take a shot cause it was getting dark quick. well as i was getting down around 7-715ish i heard something come walking right up behind me and i grabbed my flashlight and shined it at the object cause i thought it was a dog cause of how fast it was moving, well it turned out being a pretty nice 8pt. i thought the light would of messed with him, but it didnt, he kept on walking right to the bean field with all the does. now i know where he came from i will be deeper in the woods next time so i can get closer. hopefully!

Last edited by Ohboy; 10-17-2011 at 06:33 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:29 AM
Fork Horn

congrats on the buck krypt keeper, any pics?
Old 10-17-2011, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

saw nothing on friday pm execpt acorns falling everywhere in fairfax station. on saturday i was 9 does in Aldie in the am. no shots. saturday pm nothing but skeeters at fairfax swampland. saw 2 fawns this morning (passed) in the swampland. no skeeters but they were buzzin by 9am. going back to aldie this afternoon. gotta love being self employed. i get to hunt around 70-80 days.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:48 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by o2bebowhunting
saw nothing on friday pm execpt acorns falling everywhere in fairfax station. on saturday i was 9 does in Aldie in the am. no shots. saturday pm nothing but skeeters at fairfax swampland. saw 2 fawns this morning (passed) in the swampland. no skeeters but they were buzzin by 9am. going back to aldie this afternoon. gotta love being self employed. i get to hunt around 70-80 days.
JEALOUS ( I love what i do but this military crap get's in the way of my hunting life)

Go get em.

Last edited by suave; 10-17-2011 at 08:58 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:56 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys. Let me try again on the pic. Keep having problems with my computer and phone on this site.

He was quartering away from me. Slick Trick zipped in alittle further back from him stepping forward during shot, and came out just past his should crease on the opposite side.. He certainly piled up fast.

ignore my wifes feet. hope to have her in the woods with me next archery season. right now she is just a target slayer.
Attached Thumbnails How 'bout it Va? What you all seeing out there?-101711134814.jpg  

Last edited by Krypt Keeper; 10-17-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:12 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck this year o2be. I wish I had that much time to hunt. So envious....

Old 10-18-2011, 05:57 AM
Fork Horn

va5326--are you still with GM this year? i talked to buck last week and he told me its been slow down there. little or no acorns. morlen does not have a lot of oaks to begin with. they cut them all about 25 years ago. Buck lives for muzzlelaoder season(before the dog invasion). Goold luck.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:36 AM
Typical Buck

Went out Sat. and all I saw where to young turkeys. Went out again Monday evening and had three coons come down from my tree and go eat acorns in front of my stand. Other than that, no deer. I have seen a few here and there, but not as much as I normally do. Oh well, persistance will pay off. Good luck to you all.....
Old 10-18-2011, 07:17 PM
Typical Buck

Yep, still with the GM. With the economy in the tank we have picked up a couple more leases to hunt as well as the GM. We have been seeing a ton of deer, just no shooters. The GM piece has really started to produce the last couple of years. We've got plenty of acorns on certain parts. And yes it's a darn shame that they've cut alot of the oaks back on Morlen's property. I live for ML as well. We're going with a little different strategy this year. Staying out of our good spots until we know the rut is on. Over the past years we have had a habit of burning out good stands before they even become good. Take care o2be.

va5326--are you still with GM this year? i talked to buck last week and he told me its been slow down there. little or no acorns. morlen does not have a lot of oaks to begin with. they cut them all about 25 years ago. Buck lives for muzzlelaoder season(before the dog invasion). Goold luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.