Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Carolina guys... report here >

Carolina guys... report here

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Carolina guys... report here

Old 12-10-2011, 08:49 AM
Spike

I take that back. Went out yesterday morning and this morning. Finally had 3 does pay me a visit. The size on all 3 weren't anything to get excited about, but it definitely lifted my spirits a lot just to see some activity.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:11 AM
Fork Horn

Any of you guys hunt near Southport? I am going to visit my Father in Law over the holidays and he says things have not been so good down there. He only has pics of deer at night time. No daylight pics at all on the camera. Let me know what is going on down there if you can. Is the 2nd rut timing going to hit during the holidays?
Old 12-14-2011, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

Phillip, I hunt a small plot of land near a pond in charlotte (30 acres) and its a funnel to the interstate... hunting there this year has been weak, I see the same "resident deer" but no bucks. However halloween and thanksgiving this year out in albermarle/ locust area were intense.. most the people I talk to right now that hunt are saying that deer havent been visiting their food plots.. All of the deer Ive seen have been in hardwood acorn trees mixed red oak and white oaks. Find a thick patch that still has acorns under the leaves and you might see some better deer. Also been hunting near rub lines on cedar trees amist the acorn plots.. good luck
Old 12-20-2011, 04:55 AM
Spike

Thanks for report Louie. At this point its slim pickins pretty much everywhere, especially this late in the race. I'll probably stay put in the spot I have for now and pray hard for anything just to get a little meat in the freezer and start thinking and planning for next season.