Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Carolina guys... report here >

Carolina guys... report here

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Carolina guys... report here

Old 11-01-2011, 05:11 AM
Spike

I'll check in, even though I have nothing to report. I'm in the Charlotte area and I'm looking to get into hunting. Sorry to hear it's been a slow year for everyone so far.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:30 AM
Spike

Charlotte Fella's - - I have multiple places to hunt in NC but live in Kannapolis and was looking for a place to bowhunt close to the house. Let me know if any of you have a lease or want a hunting partner. Been hunting for 15 plus and it really consumes me in the fall. Hope to hear back from some of you.

JD
Old 11-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Spike

Things are starting to get fired up here in both Wilkes and Ashe Counties. The last two weeks have been real good for alot of folks. Saw several good bucks in the 130 range but no shots. Rub lines and scrape lines are starting to show up with each passing day. The proof is also in the pudding so to speak as the trailcams are showing the big boys now. Muzzleloader starting this weekend should be interesting up this way. Good luck to all and God Bless...
Old 11-04-2011, 06:28 AM
Fork Horn

Yea Im out in stanley/ carrabus co now, I rattled in several deer wed-fri, had lots of does come in also from short loud rattle squences, (like a quick fight that ended).. Most of the deer Im seeing are migrating along bedding areas/ thick brush, that attach to acorn plots/ tall mature spaced out trees, however Im not sure how kicked in the rut is. I found a good scrape out there, and had a 4pt come in that was an older deer... He tore up a tree and went sulking past me as I grunted at him... Not quite the responce I would have thought... He didnt seem peaked out.. Ide say another week its in full swing. Saw 8 deer yesterday before the rain... (no shots I only archery hunt) Lots of muzzle loaders goin off every night so must be good...

Last edited by louie6014; 11-04-2011 at 06:30 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:25 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by louie6014
Yea Im out in stanley/ carrabus co now, I rattled in several deer wed-fri, had lots of does come in also from short loud rattle squences, (like a quick fight that ended).. Most of the deer Im seeing are migrating along bedding areas/ thick brush, that attach to acorn plots/ tall mature spaced out trees, however Im not sure how kicked in the rut is. I found a good scrape out there, and had a 4pt come in that was an older deer... He tore up a tree and went sulking past me as I grunted at him... Not quite the responce I would have thought... He didnt seem peaked out.. Ide say another week its in full swing. Saw 8 deer yesterday before the rain... (no shots I only archery hunt) Lots of muzzle loaders goin off every night so must be good...
Where are you hunting in Cabarrus county?
Old 11-05-2011, 10:29 AM
Fork Horn

Near the county line/ locust area. Actually saw two nice bucks this morning around 8-9 am. One was a bruiser and darted off... Get out there tonight if your in either county they are moving good with this wind.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:43 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt in Franklin County I shot a giant cow horn about 2 weeks ago. I went yesterday saw 15 head and not an antler in the bunch all moving between 9 and 10 AM. So I have seen plenty of scrapes and rubs but no chasing....
Old 11-14-2011, 06:06 AM
Fork Horn

Spent alot of time in the woods this past week, only saw two deer both solo's one doe and a spike buck late morning 9-10 am. Think they are moving around under the full moon... Nothings been coming to rattling or other blind calling
Old 12-07-2011, 10:51 AM
Fork Horn

Got a 6pt thanksgiving day, anyone else been out? Deer have been moving good, even saw 9 the other day in the afternoon crossing a road...
Old 12-09-2011, 05:57 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by louie6014
Got a 6pt thanksgiving day, anyone else been out? Deer have been moving good, even saw 9 the other day in the afternoon crossing a road...
Where are you located louie? I hunt in rural Rowan County near Cleveland. I saw 1 four point buck and couple of does the Friday after Thanksgiving and have seen absolutely nothing since. I dropped about 120lbs of corn last week and by the looks of it, nothing has touched it either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.