Carolina guys... report here >

Carolina guys... report here

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Carolina guys... report here

Old 10-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default Carolina guys... report here

Put over 20 hrs in the stand this weekend, took fri and monday off, did both morning and night hunts for whitetail, I saw NOTHING! I guess it was the kiss of death shooting a doe on my first hunt out 3 days into bow season. Was nice and cold this weekend, 45-65 deg most hunts, was windy some times. Hunted some trails in Locust/ Albermarle area, lots of tracks just no deer. Hunted my spots around Charlotte that Ive baited, nothing going on there. Anyone have luck this cool weekend?
Old 10-04-2011, 08:19 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by louie6014
Put over 20 hrs in the stand this weekend, took fri and monday off, did both morning and night hunts for whitetail, I saw NOTHING! I guess it was the kiss of death shooting a doe on my first hunt out 3 days into bow season. Was nice and cold this weekend, 45-65 deg most hunts, was windy some times. Hunted some trails in Locust/ Albermarle area, lots of tracks just no deer. Hunted my spots around Charlotte that Ive baited, nothing going on there. Anyone have luck this cool weekend?

Seen no deer all bow season, hunt in Charlotte area too. Every year I see at least one every time out. What changed?
Old 10-04-2011, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

No idea, My friend shot and didnt recover a 8pt in charlotte area, another friend that hunts close to my property, said he saw deer both nights as he was climbing down from the stand... saw their eyes glowin from his head lamp. I think they will show more when the leaves drop... I really believe they are more nocturnal that anything right now
Old 10-04-2011, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

Been hunting Halifax county every weekend since the season came in. I have seen only 4 deer total. Thats about 12 different sits for 4 deer. Last year I was seeing deer on every hunt and passing deer. I hunt mostly in the woods and the acorns have just started to drop so it has not been an acorn issue. tracks are everywhere. Why are the deer nocturnal this early with no real pressure in the woods yet? Other hunters in the county are saying the same thing.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Fork Horn

Well I have been a lot. I hunt in Richmond Co, Montgomery co, and Moore Co. So far I have been real lucky seeing a total of 45 deer. Morning hunts and evening hunts. All doe except for 2 buck. One spike and one really nice 8 pt.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt in Richland county. Got a big doe Sat, and shot a 8pt last night. Friend shot a 12 pt. tues night. The bucks here on moving. Both bucks were on their feet and shot around 6:45pm. The rut at least here is right around the corner. My 8pt had a massive neck, and cuts and puntures all over his neck and ears from fighing.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

Saw a dead 4pt on the side of the interstate here in charlotte so they must be chasing does to some extent. Also my friend up in Stanley co, shot a 6pt I think on a morning hunt. Most of my trail camera does looks scratched up down their sides... I dont know whats going on with that either...
Old 10-17-2011, 06:53 AM
Fork Horn

Saw alot of does sunday, they were moving good in the woods from 7:30-10, got busted... didnt get a shot on any... was 44 deg in the AM, sunny, left at 11 about 65deg by then.. 3/4 moon
Old 10-25-2011, 05:49 AM
Spike

I got to pull the string on a doe 3 weeks ago in Union, SC. Unfortunately I missed when she jumped. She was at about 30 yds. and had just come out of a creek bed into the edge of a field I was hunting the side of.

I like to hunt the public lands around Sumter National Forest. There is some really nice land if you are willing to put in the time to scout and hike into where most people won't. I mostly blind hunt since I'm a big fella.

I went hunting again this pas Saturday and didn't see a thing except 2 dogs that ran through the field peeing on everything they could. I figured after they went through the day was over. Still a better day sitting in the woods and seeing nothing than sitting in the office working.

Good luck guys!
Old 10-30-2011, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

Saw some good does friday before the cold front hit, couldnt let an arrow fly, had branches in the way, came in on some blind calling- grunts and bleats, leaves were crunchin good they stormed right past me, things are turnin on around here. One doe was 130 or so, wish I had shot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.