Looking for Hunting Buddies in NC >

Looking for Hunting Buddies in NC

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Looking for Hunting Buddies in NC

Old 09-22-2011, 09:18 AM
Spike

Default Looking for Hunting Buddies in NC

Getting outta the Army and moving to Statesville, NC OCT. 11 and looking for hunting buddies in the area. I haven't hunted in NC before so any info on the good huntin areas would be appreciated. I've done mostly deer huntin in SC & FL and a lil hog huntin in FL. Looking to do deer huntin in NC maybe even some bear huntin. Also interested in learning how to bow hunt. Also if anyone knows of any hunt clubs in the area.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

Went to high school in Statesville 10 years ago. I live in Charlotte now. Im sure you will have no problems up there finding some hunting buddies/ areas as its still pretty country in and around there. No bear in statesville that Ive seen youll have to hit the mountains which you can be there in an hr. Whitetails are moving good already this year, I shot a doe 3 days into bow season here, and it was my 1st hunt out. If your looking into archery check out "barefoot archery" in charlotte, guys there can get ya rigged up nice even on a budget. Good luck and welcome to the board!
Old 10-03-2011, 10:58 PM
Spike

Cool thanks for the info.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:05 AM
Fork Horn

I have a friend near you in my hunt club from Newton over near Hickory. It is about a 3 hour drive from there to where we hunt in Halifax county NC. We have lots of deer and good members. You can check our club out by doing a google search for Ole Mill Hunting Lodge. Dues are $900 and we need some members for 2011.