College Football >

College Football

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

College Football

Old 11-21-2003, 11:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: College Football

Danny, if LSU dominates their next two opponents, then I believe they would give OU all they can handle. We' ll see what happens in the next few weeks. It' s make or break time!!
Old 11-21-2003, 01:17 PM

That' s true, it is make or break. Unfortunately, I believe both USC and Ohio State would have to lose in order for LSU to get the chance in the Sugar. Even then, Michigan, by winning, could leap frog LSU due to strength of schedule and quality wins. This BCS stuff is confusing. I' m glad OU is undefeated, it' s less complicated that way.
Old 11-25-2003, 05:47 AM
Fork Horn

The BCS sucks. They need to come up with a better system. I believe the only team in our way to playing OU is USC. We need help from others and we need the BCS GOD' s to look fondly on us. We also need to beat Arkansas this weekend. LSU' s quarterback scares me sometimes, he is either on fire or flat.
Old 11-25-2003, 03:48 PM

Don' t give up just yet. If LSU can beat Arkansas, then win their conference championship, they' ll probably leap frog over USC who only has one game left. Of course, should USC lose that game (not likely) then LSU would be a shoe-in for the Sugar. Unless they lose. Then it would be Michigan' s turn.

Anyway, I' m glad all this turmoil is going on. It takes alot of pressure away from OU and focuses it on other teams. Everyone is going " OU who???" They' ll find out at the Sugar Bowl.
Old 11-25-2003, 06:16 PM

it would not surprise me to see arkansas beat lsu this friday,they did it last year to knock them out of the playoff.they have a fine football team,but should have been beaten last weekend.i doubt they could beat georgia again.i think they are looking out too far too quick!
Old 11-25-2003, 09:23 PM

HOW bout them TIGERS............GO LSU
Old 11-29-2003, 11:46 AM

Okay, I think we can all agree that OU will be in the Sugar Bowl. Now who will they face?

USC? Possibly the second best team in the country with the defense and offense to hang with the Sooners. Granted, their strength of schedule doesn' t appear to be that good, but, you have to admit that most of those games are big rivalry games and teams play a little better overall in a rivalry than they do otherwise.

LSU? Good rush defense, but I don' t know about their pass defense against the Sooners. And can their offense do anything against the Sooner D? LSU may be there if they win the SEC Championship and jump over USC.

Michigan? Here' s a team that should have been #2 in the country had they taken care of business early in the season. In my opinion.

Texas? With the exception of losing to Arkansas and OU earlier, they' ve been tough. But I don' t really think they want a rematch against OU. And they had a lot of trouble against Texas Tech.

I still wish Miami had been better this year and had gone undeafeated. I really wanted OU to play against them for the title. Oh well, they suck this year.
Old 12-01-2003, 04:49 AM

Go Sooners
Old 12-02-2003, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

Georgia is going to be tough to beat twice but I think that LSU can do it! The downside of a SEC championship game is whoever looses will not get a BCS invitation to a bowl game and both teams deserve one. We are close to USC but who really knows. I think the BCS people drink beer and flip coins to see who will be in the sugar.
Old 12-02-2003, 03:33 PM

GO HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.