**Comment on new proposed reg in VIRGINIA for a separate bear license fee** >

**Comment on new proposed reg in VIRGINIA for a separate bear license fee**

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

**Comment on new proposed reg in VIRGINIA for a separate bear license fee**

Old 04-05-2011, 08:11 AM
Fork Horn

Totally agree with seperate licenses.
Add a dog use permit and follow Florida's practices...

HAve the right to CHOOSE!.....
I choose to hunt with dogs and I choose to hunt without dogs...
I should be the hunters choice....
Old 04-05-2011, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

And ya know what... it really doesnt matter.
I respect everones opinions as to why they are pro or anti dog hunting, just the same as I respect their opinions on sunday hunting... but it really doesnt matter what we say on here because its a few major groups and the FB that control what direction the GA vote.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

We all have to have a special license to hunt with a Bow or Muzz or XBow .... so why not a special license to use a dog ...... How about $25 for the first two dogs and $10 for each dog after that .......... The VDGIF could make some money with that kind of license ..... Or there might be a lot less dogs in the woods come hunting season ......
Old 04-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by brewman555
We all have to have a special license to hunt with a Bow or Muzz or XBow .... so why not a special license to use a dog ...... How about $25 for the first two dogs and $10 for each dog after that .......... The VDGIF could make some money with that kind of license ..... Or there might be a lot less dogs in the woods come hunting season ......

If a special license for dogs were proposed, the crying of the VAHDA would be deafening. I think everyone on this site(and others) should propose a special dog license to the VDGIF....that is what I did.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

they wont ban dog hunting just for the fact that VA would loose so many hunters which would in return make Va loose a ton of money. But I would agree to pay some extra money to dog hunt, that does not bother me, it would generate more money and one day I hope sunday hunting will be allowed because that would also genertae more money and more hunters.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Typical Buck

Notice there is not one person on this board or any of the others who admitt to being a member of the VAHDA. Wonder why that is? None of their members or their BOD seem to think they should come on here and defend many of us consider as an undefenseable position of standing with PETA, HSUS and the Farm Bureau against other hunters. Again wonder why this is so.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by deerdogdude
they wont ban dog hunting just for the fact that VA would loose so many hunters which would in return make Va loose a ton of money. But I would agree to pay some extra money to dog hunt, that does not bother me, it would generate more money and one day I hope sunday hunting will be allowed because that would also genertae more money and more hunters.
I would guess you are probably right but I think in the future dog hunting will be more scrutinized...as it has been in other southern states. Lets face it, as the population increases, the large tracts of land are becoming less common and harder to get every year. There will be more problems with dogs crossing property lines and causing disputes between hunters and landowners.

When and if the bear tag is split from the current big game license it will cost all hunters more in the long run. Next the deer and turkey license will be split. It will be a snowball effect. I do not understand why the VAHDA and other hunters support this proposal.

Last edited by VAhuntr; 04-06-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Typical Buck

the seperate bear license failed to pass at the may meeting. It is dead foer another year but will probably come back up again.