Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Proposed changes to Virginia regulations >

Proposed changes to Virginia regulations

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Proposed changes to Virginia regulations

Old 03-20-2011, 04:54 AM
Fork Horn

I hope that does not mean biological food plots to. I would not think so but the language says feeding. That part will porb. never pass though. Hope not anyways.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:03 AM
Fork Horn

Default feeding

Deerdogdude... I don't know what the final wording will be on the feeding issue, but all the discussion during the meeting was revolving around feeder type of deals and piles of feed, mineral blocks etc.... there was not mention of planted plots.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don`t think the VDGIF are talking about food plots......because you could say every farmers field is a food plot.......they just don`t want corn piles.....blocks .....feeders ...Ect........that eliminates hunt over bait........and feeding and the chance of CWD....and i can live with that...........
Old 04-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Fork Horn

Its asinine to ban feeding year round. Heck, its asinine to ban it. Feeders are a great deer management tool, and while someone in SW Virginia might not need to take out lots of deer in Northern Virginia, we don't kill nearly enough.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:17 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by countertop
Its asinine to ban feeding year round. Heck, its asinine to ban it. Feeders are a great deer management tool, and while someone in SW Virginia might not need to take out lots of deer in Northern Virginia, we don't kill nearly enough.
Well doesnt matter where in the state that you are cause you cant feed them during hunting season anyway.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:12 PM
Spike

I just posted about this today on my website. I'm fine with not baiting during the season but only the use of "Attractants" during the month of July . . . I don't understand it and I can't really seem to get an explanation on why just one month . . . It is my understanding that this will cause no change to planted food plots only as others mentioned the feeders/blocks/piles of corn etc.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Fork Horn

Well doesnt matter where in the state that you are cause you cant feed them during hunting season anyway.
You can't feed them September to January. In Northern Virginia you can hunt deer until late March (though presumably you still can't bait them - or at least that's my interpretation. Better safe than sorry).
Old 04-05-2011, 05:31 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by TheWilltoHunt
I just posted about this today on my website. I'm fine with not baiting during the season but only the use of "Attractants" during the month of July . . . I don't understand it and I can't really seem to get an explanation on why just one month . . . It is my understanding that this will cause no change to planted food plots only as others mentioned the feeders/blocks/piles of corn etc.
The 1 month "feeding/attractant" season is for landowners/farmers/hunters to "count" their heard!
Old 04-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Alex G.
The 1 month "feeding/attractant" season is for landowners/farmers/hunters to "count" their heard!
Well understood but who decided that one month was sufficient. I completely understand the goal of that month but why just 1 month why not 2 or 3.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

Actually, I don't think thats true. You can't use them September to January. But in Northern Virginia, the season actually goes till March 26 or so. I don't know if they are banned then or not.

but I think generally a ban on bait is asinine, especially in non agricultural areas (because lets face it, a well managed food plot or agricultural land is little different than bait anyway). But that's me. Bait is used effectively across the river in Maryland. And in plenty of other states.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.