Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
2010 Northern Virginia Buck Photos >

2010 Northern Virginia Buck Photos

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

2010 Northern Virginia Buck Photos

Old 09-05-2011, 02:52 PM
Spike

I forgot to say that people jog down the road on TA2, TA3 and TA4 and it can not be open to gun and have jogging at the same time.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

Okay very interesting I'm always amazed at the changes they make from year to year so the 9C/9D side is still open but the 10B/9D side is closed permanently? Yes I figured at some point TA2,3,4 would be just like Mainside well there will defiantly be some big bucks growing over there now.

Yes my Great spot is in 7A and I have been trying to get in there to hunt it use to be open all the time from about 2002-2006 then from 2007-2010 is is only open few times a season if at all. I'm always curious what Tim is doing to the base and what is goal is becuase I defiantly don't see the amount of deer I use to but the buck quanlity and body size seems to be much better. That's just like 14B it gets over hunted and never is open so yeah VIP's probably do hunt there use to be a great area when 14A/14B where just 14 back in the 80's.

I just hope they don't keep closing areas becuase Quantico is a great place to hunt and it's ashame that alot of the areas are either closed or have restrictions on them these days which is okay but I just wish the base was wide open like it use to be in the 90's it seems like the TA16's are only going to be open for hunting someday it "seems" if we continue the way it's heading
Old 09-06-2011, 12:55 AM
Spike

Fred Salo was in charge of range control. He was in charge of scheduling all training activity. He decided what areas could be open or closed with in reason. 14B was one of Fred’s prime hunting areas. Area 14B and 5B were two areas that seemed to be kept closed except for when Fred and some associates want to hunt it. There was some lady about 8 years ago who was new to hunting on the base and she shot two nice bucks with in a few days. One from 5B and the other from 14B. These areas were open to everyone on the days that she got the bucks. She was an associate of Fred (I think her dad had rank) and it seemed the area was kept closed until she and or her group could hunt. And I think the bucks had been located far in advance of the hunt.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:52 AM
Fork Horn

I just called and my background check Passed. I dont know why I felt worried but you never know.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by bushanic
I just called and my background check Passed. I dont know why I felt worried but you never know.
how long did it take?
Old 09-06-2011, 12:26 PM
Fork Horn

Grizzl. I went there on Friday Morning and call Today at 9am pretty fast even with the holiday.

On another note you got a email address? I would like to send you some GPS tracks and waypoints to get your opinion. I thought with your knowledge of the TA's you could help me learn a little more or let me know if I am wasting my time.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by bushanic
Grizzl. I went there on Friday Morning and call Today at 9am pretty fast even with the holiday.

On another note you got a email address? I would like to send you some GPS tracks and waypoints to get your opinion. I thought with your knowledge of the TA's you could help me learn a little more or let me know if I am wasting my time.
I turned my email on..should be able to click and send..I will PM you the email
Old 09-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Bike man
Attached is my article Bike your ceer out
Want me to post the video?
Old 09-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

Bike Man, that's interesting I was hunting 14B that season with my dad and uncle and she was hunting the same general area around a cut over pine thicket my dad saw the buck she killed just days earlier and could not get a descent shot they closed the area for 2 or 3 days and we go in I think it was a Sat they opened it back up and her husband and her and me and my uncle and dad where all hunting 14B that day and she killed it that afternoon was a very nice buck she killed a big buck that was bigger in 5A behind the Gas tanks only reason we knew was becuase we had talked to her after she killed that 14B buck.

I find it pretty strange that the range control people can just open and close a area at there convenience you would think the area is either open or closed not determined weather they like the area or oh there a big deer in there let me close it that's just pretty weird to me but I'm not a bit suprised don't get me wrong I have a ton of respect for the marines and service but that just a strange way of running the base but hey who I'm I just a brown card civillian.

14B gets hunted alot but there are never the bucks shot in there that you would think there would be in a mostly closed area to much building and pressure 13 has a ton of quality deer and not that much pressure becuase it's really thick and nasty but I find that great becuase I get the area to myself mostly

I was reading a D&DH magazine today and the best day's it said for the rut is Nov 10th through Nov 18th don't get me wrong I'm not saying you can't hunt any other time it just said that will be the most intense time for seeking and chasing this year becuase the rutting moon is on Nov 10th and it guess that the rut will be very intense compared to last season Just thought I would share that info I got it from the D&DH Rut Calendar
Old 09-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Spike

Please do not post the video. Not that I will ever sell it, but once it is put on the internet then it is no longer sellable. I would like to keep the option open.

And I miss spelled bike your deer out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.