Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
2010 Northern Virginia Buck Photos >

2010 Northern Virginia Buck Photos

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

2010 Northern Virginia Buck Photos

Old 09-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry for the mutiple post but I didnt want to get the photos mixed up and the size max here is the picture of the 150" 9 pointer I took last year on Private Property 2010 with a Bow
Attached Thumbnails 2010 Northern Virginia Buck Photos-101_0249-copy.jpg  
Old 09-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Spike

Bike Man, thanks for the article, very interesting. I'm thinking about giving the bike a try. I hunted in 9D last year and really enjoyed it except for the long walk in and back out.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Spike

You are welcome Lebens. Quantico Kid. You have some nice buck. You are way ahead of me. I did not start hooking up with good bucks until I was about 30 to 35 yeras old.

I was at Quantico getting my base license today. I looked at some white oaks and only 10% had acorns and these were healthy trees with a excess of sunlight. In the woods there would be a lower % producing. If the acorns are patchy in the woods then I am going to have to do a lot of searching to find that one lone oak that is producing. I need to find that gold mine. The deer can be heavy under one tree until all the acorns are gone and the acorns disappear fast.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:10 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Bike Man, I try I just don't settle for seing young deer I like to find the big bucks even on Quantico I just try to do more then the rest and that has got me some nice bucks.

I'm getting my Base lisence this Saturday I was wondering what is the prodecure this year I heard that there is a background check that's why I ask ?
Old 09-01-2011, 11:43 PM
Spike

You apply for the hunt license using the same form as in years past. If you are a civilian then they start the clearance process without any more paper work from you. Take 3 to 6 days for a civilian to get the base license depending on how you count days.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:23 PM
Fork Horn

Okay thankf Bike Man, I will be up there Saturday filling out my Hunting Papers then
Old 09-03-2011, 10:50 PM
Fork Horn

I went to Quantico today to purchase my Base Lisence and totally forgot they where Closed for the long weekend I will have to wait until next Saturday I hope to get some Scouting before the season starts.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

Bike Man, I was wondering if you know why did they close TA3 and TA4 to Archery only I use to gun hunt over there I would say last time was about 2005 ish did they close it to archery due to training or did they close it for archery due to gun hunters killing to much over there I'm just curious. I was also wondering if 7A is going to get open at all this year or are they planning to close it like last season I drive through Quantico Cemtary few days ago and I saw some "Nice Deer" just to let you know
Old 09-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Spike

For anyone interested.............if you go to the Quantico Rog & Gun Clun Forum, look under Quantico Sportsmans Advisory Council and read the minutes from their last meeting there is some good information about the hunting areas and some of the regs this year.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Spike

Can not say for sure why T3 and T4 were closed to gun, but I have a good guess. The commander of different parts of the base have control of that part. Like the Camp Barrette commander got 5C closed when it was part of 5A. They wanted to jog down the road and trails. 25 years ago the commander byTA2, TA3 and TA4 got the areas open to gun. With the archery thing I think Tim Stamps want the areas opened up more often. TA3 and TA4 could only be open around Christmas and weekend or something like that. By making it archery only, they can keep in open more often and there by kill more deer. Tim wants the deer population lower and wants the older deer eliminated as it leads to in breeding. I have a difference of opinion.. By the way TA2,TA 3, TA4 and or ETA are enlarged this year and no more hunting from the ground and you will need to be qualified just like main side. For area 7A it was closed most of the season two years ago. I was on some good buck sign in there and got my picture taken by a trail camera. I had assumed that it was closed for political reasons. That some VIP wanted the buck for them self’s. Not sure , but I know areas get closed for VIPs some times. It may be rare, but it happens. Also the north end of 9D is closed permanently.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.