Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Virginia's deer season is wrapping up! >

Virginia's deer season is wrapping up!

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Virginia's deer season is wrapping up!

Old 12-30-2010, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Virginia's deer season is wrapping up!

Good luck to everyone going out this Saturday for our final day of the season. I'm really hoping my boss lets us go early on Friday so I can get a quickie in before sundown. I'll tell the deer what I tell me wife, "C'mon, it'll just take a second...you won't feel a thing!"
Old 12-30-2010, 05:58 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck to everyone also. I won't have the pleasure of partaking in the final day because of work. This will be the first time in 5-6 years that I haven't been able to hunt on the last day of firearms season. It is killing me too.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:09 PM
Typical Buck

I may hunt the next two evenings but I am not hopeful. I have seen very few deer this year. So few, that this morning I decided to squirrel hunt instead. I didn't expect much there either, but bagged 4 and missed 2 more.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:11 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by flips2
Good luck to everyone also. I won't have the pleasure of partaking in the final day because of work. This will be the first time in 5-6 years that I haven't been able to hunt on the last day of firearms season. It is killing me too.

Same here, I won't be out today or tomorrow, and it's killing me. Though I've had a great season, I'd still like to get out and and hunt with my close friends. Good luck to everyone who's hunting the closing two days.

VA
Old 01-01-2011, 05:57 AM
Fork Horn

Probably won't make it out this afternoon but hunted all day yesterday. Bumped a deer on my way in in the morning but that was it. An absolute beautiful day to be in the woods. It was a very memorable day for me because I finally got my 8 yo daughter to tag along and sit in a ground blind with me during the afternoon hunt. She enjoyed being outside and is asking to go again! Hopefully she remembers that feeling next October!
Old 01-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by dakine999
Probably won't make it out this afternoon but hunted all day yesterday. Bumped a deer on my way in in the morning but that was it. An absolute beautiful day to be in the woods. It was a very memorable day for me because I finally got my 8 yo daughter to tag along and sit in a ground blind with me during the afternoon hunt. She enjoyed being outside and is asking to go again! Hopefully she remembers that feeling next October!
That's awesome brother. Get the kids involved as early as possible. I believe the the way I am about hunting is due to my father starting me out when I was really young.