Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Any rutting activity in Oklahoma? >

Any rutting activity in Oklahoma?

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Any rutting activity in Oklahoma?

Old 10-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default Any rutting activity in Oklahoma?

Has anyone been seen rutting activity in Oklahoma?
Old 11-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

I saw a lot of early rut activity in the SE OK area on the 23-25th. We went this last week and we didn't see much at all. However, i did see some rubs starting to pop up so that's a good sign. What have you seen?
Old 11-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Fork Horn

I've seen a couple rubs and that's it. It's been warmer this year, so I wonder if that has affected the rut any.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Spike

I went yesterday, Nov 2, not much rutting activity in se okla. I did rattle in a small spike, but the three bucks I saw were not involved in any chasing. There have been no rubs or scrapes that I've seen yet. However, there has been an increase in general deer activity. I only get out once a week so it's hard for me to monitor day to day. Based on yesterday, I think in my area at least that we're still a couple weeks away from a rut. My area is loaded with does and what seems like very few bucks, probably 8 to 1, so take all this with a grain of salt. Your area may be different.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

What part of Oklahoma do you hunt? The last few weeks I've been seeing a bunch of nice bucks on my trail camera that i haven't seen before, but it's just my luck that my camera quit this last week. Hopefully the rut's getting closer.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:27 AM
Spike

i'm in the OKC area. There's some land i have access to but not for hunting and so i scout it when i can just to keep track of whats going on in the woods with the rut. In the last week, the rubs have really picked up.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:49 PM
Spike

I went out November 9th, hunted hard all day. It was warm (upper 70s and windy) and seemed like overall activity was down somewhat. I did find a couple of fresh rubs and had a small 6 point come to a grunt call right at sunset but passed. Still have yet to see any chasing but I think with the weather changing this weekend, rutting activity will rise. Should be good hunting here in SE okla (pittsburg county) next week and opening weekend for rifle. Let me know what you guys are seeing in your neck of the woods.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt in Delaware County. Last weekend was nice weather, and I called in a 4 pointer with the "can" call last saturday morning but passed. I'm hoping things will pick up tomorrow because I'm running low on deer meat!
Old 11-17-2010, 03:34 PM
Spike

Went out yesterday, sat a different stand with a little larger field of view. About 730 am, a group of 5-6 does comes through about 100 yards behind me with a buck in tow. I watched that buck chase a doe for a good ten minutes round and round a tree. It looked like a couple kids on the playground! I think the rut is just getting going here in SE okla (Pittsburg county). After that it was pretty quiet but what a good day to be in the woods.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:40 AM
Spike

On Tuesday i went for a walk through Martin Nature Trail in OKC. I decided to venture out off the trail and in doing so, ended up stumbling upon a really nice 10 pointer "servicing" a doe. Saw another little one sided 3 pointer running a couple of does through the woods on multiple occasions.

The rut is here, i just hope this warm weather this weekend doesnt screw it up too much.

Good luck to all of you hitting the woods this weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.