HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   NoVa 10 point (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/331356-nova-10-point.html)

bushanic 10-06-2010 05:47 PM

NoVa 10 point

3 Attachment(s)
Well I got him today. I stalked this buck Monday in the rain, he was with a couple smaller bucks. the smaller ones where in the right area and I could have taken either one of them but I knew the 10 was there also but could not see him. One of the other bucks(6) must have heard me and got a little nervous and that made the 10 stand up. My luck a small tree/bush was right in the way for a nice 20 yards shoot all I needed was for him to take a step and it would be light out, but no He turned to far away from me and walked away with the other.

Now today If you know what I mean when I said a woman will get you in trouble then you know what was on hes mind. I had plan taken a doe because I did not see the buck out at first light. I looked in the area they were in on Monday and nothing. I moved to and area the does had been seen in. I was happy to see the does where out feeding on acorn and with last offspring. I set my sight on the lager mother doe and made my move in to take her. I knew I could come in from under them in the woods and get a good shoot at her. I slowly walked my way up to them and when I was at 30 yards from them (with not shoot) I looked to see where I was stepping and found a nice bed a big bed bigger then either one of those does. Just then I heard a noise behind me and thats when the buck blow out from behind and ran out to where the does are (now 45 yds).The does came back into the woods off to my right. I had expected to buck to run across the field and be gone but to my surprise the buck did not what to leave the doe and fellow them back into the woods.It took me 1hr to work my way over to them I think they knew I was there but not a treat. After a little stand off with the 10 he turned to run but stopped for what reason I dont know but long enough to settle the cross hairs on him at 23yds. he made a 60yds dash across the field and fell just out side the woods.this buck was smart but the ladies got him into trouble. I love hunting from a tree stand, but I have to say this stalking in Nova is a big rush.

Lebensj 10-06-2010 06:00 PM

Congratulations! Nice buck.

crenshaw 10-07-2010 05:12 AM

Good work....

7danny 10-07-2010 07:27 AM

Nice! Good job.

mackesr 10-07-2010 07:58 AM

Really nice buck Bushanic! Great story to go along with it. Big bucks like that are tough to get from the trees let alone the ground. Good Job!

public hunter09 10-07-2010 10:14 AM

nice deer man

HoytSpeed 10-07-2010 11:43 AM

Very nice! Congrats

flips2 10-07-2010 05:44 PM

Awesome buck Bushanic. Great story too, one that you will always remember. Congrats.

QuanticoKidd 10-07-2010 10:06 PM

Nice Buck yeah I the ground attack is defiantly a rush did you take the deer on Quantico ?

bushanic 10-08-2010 02:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks everyone. I harvested him in NoVa. I usually do not get a good chance at the big buck up north because the temps or to hot in the afternoon, but this year I have a deer cooler to keep them cool till I get home(after work) this opens up 2-3 weeks of hunting up north.