HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   Everyone Ready??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/328638-everyone-ready.html)

CamoCop 08-28-2010 10:54 AM

Everyone Ready???

i been watching a couple tens and numerous eights on our land and can't wait untill the season opens. got our food plots done last week and ready to hunt!

Alpine_Archer 08-28-2010 12:53 PM

I'm ready to head out our season starts in 20 days. Though I don't have private land to hunt I've got several places in mind that should hold some deer this year ;)

huntnma 08-29-2010 01:53 AM

I still haven't seen the first scrape or rub, though I know they're some bruttes with hardhorns already, I'm just not seeing it throughout the woods yet..had a camera out for weeks in this one area, not one pic, but yet I saw fresh tracks around everyday...my camera must stink or something, lol.....
I'm all ready to go where I usually hunt, but I need a dry area just in case we get some more rain, then I'll have to move...kinda sucks right now, but I have a few weeks to get a "Dry" plan together and it usually works out to where I at least see deer on my hunts.

CamoCop 08-29-2010 08:23 AM

nothing wrong with hunting "wet" spots. i shot a 7 point and a 10 point 2 years ago out of a stand i had to wade to. it was about 3/4 to 1 miles from the truck and over half of the walk was through water from calf to thigh deep. the good things is you could hear the deer before they were on top of you. the bad thing was i saw cotton mouths on every hunt...to include stepping on one on the way out one night. thank goodness for snake boots!

huntnma 08-29-2010 03:12 PM

Oh, believe me, I prefer the marsh and the creeks, where I am is usually wet when everything else is bone dry , so when the rains come, I could be in waist deep water and hunting alone, I won't do it...mid thigh is as high as I'll let the water go up my leg before I go searching for higher ground....usually by this time I know where that will be and I don't, but I will :)

deerdogdude 09-01-2010 04:42 AM

our bow season starts in about 4 weeks here in VA:barmy::barmy: I have a 2 acre food plot I established last summer and took 1 doe(first day of bow season) and a nice 8 out of it last year. Its greener this year and have seen numerous deer feeding in it just about everyday. The food plot is on my own 17 acre land and a short walk from the house but i also hunt a big farm a couple of miles down the road. I can't wait....im like a kid at christmas right now. Been practicing with my bow and got my stands brushed so I am ready. Good luck this year every1.

ACguy 09-08-2010 05:34 PM

I need to do a little more scouting before the season and I will be ready. I need to see how the water level is at a few spots. I can't wait , only little over 2 weeks away.

Alpine_Archer 09-09-2010 04:57 AM

The water is HIGH everywhere I've been. People are going to be packed in tight on the higher ground in the WMA's this year. All of my old stand locations are under water.

I'm headed out on the 17th for a 4 or 5 day hunt. Got everything ready now all i need is my finger to heal. I cut the end of my thumb off yesterday cutting up an apple lol... It hurts like a SOB and its hard to hold my bow up with it like it is.

public hunter09 09-09-2010 08:18 PM

cant wait been seeing some nice deer here

public hunter09 09-16-2010 05:30 PM

going scouting here this sat pettgerw wma hop see some rubs maybe so scrapes yall have a good and safe hunt :party0005: