Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Everyone Ready??? >

Everyone Ready???

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Everyone Ready???

Old 09-16-2010, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

heading to my Georgia lease in the morning....can't wait! i'll come home Sunday, work Monday and Tuesday then off the rest of the week. next weekend i'll be back in Florida archery hunting in the Richloam Baird Unit.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:58 AM
Typical Buck

Putting up some final stands, but man did i pay the price the other night, put a new stand up an an area that was beaten to a pulp with deer activity, Put a camera up and got tons of pics the week prior. Found a great large Cedar to put the stand in about half way up the tree i realized the top part of the tree was covered with Posion Ivy. Worst case ive ever gotten, ended up in the hospital and missing some work cause it got in my eyes. Just hope the stand will be worth come bow season, i got all the posion cut out of the tree but it defiantly came at a price.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

didn't see anything in Georgia except turkeys. our lease is covered in them. it was extremely hot, the temps were at 98.5 degrees both days i hunted. so much for scent control! i can't wait for this weekend to come...i'll be headed to the Baird Unit for hogs and deer.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:40 PM
Spike

I am headed to GA for a couple days of hunting and working on stands. Anything to get outdoors!
Old 09-22-2010, 02:52 PM
Spike

Huntnma I am with you i have 2 eight points on cam but cant get a pattern going it sucks. I am ready though..... ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2010, 01:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm hunting my usual area...but there's no water anymore...so much for looking for a dry area, I have one, lol.......I did see a buck chasing a doe the day before yesterday, so maybe the bucks will be getting stupid on us really soon, lol.Good luck y'all on your hunts...Be safe.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

well....i had about a 130 inch 8 point at 38.5 yards of me in the Baird Unit Saturday afternoon and couldn't pull it off! he was walking through some thick stuff and would not stop in the right spot for an ethical shot. i was not going to risk making a bad shot just because of his size. i also seen a small 6 point and some doe's just out of range. turkeys were everywhere and legal to shoot but i'm not big on turkeys...their just too easy. skeeters were bad and it was HOT!

Tuesday i scouted Richloam W.M.A. and saw about 50 turkeys, 5 easily within bow range but did not shoot. i also saw a coyote (too far off to shoot) and 3 deer. all of the deer were within bow range bbut the 2 doe's aren't legal game there and the spike was only 2 inches or so. i also killed a large cotton mouth. even though Richloam is dry, you still need a 4wd to go down 80% of the roads.

had lots of fun! i will be back to the Baird Unit in November for the gun hunt with a vengeance. if i had a rifle when that 8 point stepped out i would've had another Florida Registry entry. hopefully i can get on him during the gun hunt. in the 4 day first archery hunt only a 100 pound button buck was taken.

i will be back in Richloam W.M.A. on Friday for more scouting.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE HAVING SOME GOOD EXCITING TIMES IN THE WOODS CAMOCOP.....sorry about the caps,lol.