Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Archery Shops in Va >

Archery Shops in Va

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Archery Shops in Va

Old 08-20-2010, 05:06 AM
Fork Horn

Default Archery Shops in Va

Does anyone know of a archery shop in the Fredericksburg to northern VA That has a Chronograph.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know of B & B Archery in Manasas, not too far from Fredericksburg. Not sure whether they have a chrono.

http://bandbarchery.com/
Old 08-20-2010, 08:21 PM
Typical Buck

B&B is the way to go. There are several Pro archers who work there.

VA
Old 08-21-2010, 12:37 AM
Typical Buck

B&B has a chronograph and some good guys to help ya,,,and so does Hoffmans archery in New Baltimore(my favorite place to go) they are just outside warrenton va on rt 29
Old 08-22-2010, 04:54 AM
Typical Buck

Hoffman will try to high pressure sell you into a bow. I was kind of turned off by it. I'll only stop in there if I need something done fast. They do good work though. If you walk in there with a bow brand that they don't sell....Be prepared to get the high pressure pitch. I believe they are a Matthews dealer. If you have time I B&B they're are world champion pros who work the counter there. Probably would never find a shop of it's equivalent anywhere in VA.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:12 AM
Fork Horn

Hoffmans hasn't been the same since Dave sold it. They are good but they will pressure you into their bows, especially Mathews and Mission brands. I took my Diamond in there to get set up because that was were I always went when Dave owned it and never had a problem. They did set up my bow and did a great job of doing it but the whole time they were saying I could have bought a better bow there. I have gone to B&B awhile ago but wasn't impressed. I felt they treated me like I didn't know a darn thing about bows. I will probably give them another try when I need something done again especially since they are ten minutes away from my house.

I know there use to be an archery shop in Alexandria off of Route 1 just north of Ft. Belvoir. I believe it was called Bowes and Arrows Archery Shop. I really didn't like them at all. I had an overdraw put on my first bow and bought a new rest to go along with it. They put in one correctly but didn't give me back my old rest. They didn't even ask if I wanted it back, they just kept it. I didn't realize it until a couple years later when I got a new bow and was going to put on the old rest on the old bow and try to sell. Ticked me off about it. I would definitely would not recommend them at all.

I would try B&B in Manassas or Hoffmans in New Baltimore, probably the two best ones around.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks everyone. B&B did the job. I wish the speed was better but I got to start somewhere.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:20 AM
Typical Buck

Well even though the issue at hand is solved i must agree with most on B&B being a good shop and Hoffmans trying to pressure you into stuff, i actually used to work with Dave when i was a teenager, and i must say the new owners arent the same at all.... I shoot a mathews so i go to Bowes and Arrows, he does the best work for a Mathews dealer in the area by far, and he wont pressure you into anything and wont sell you on junk. Granted his store could use some work...lol but he knows what he is doing, as far as the him holding on to a rest, knowing Bowe i got to think that was an accident, thats not his style at all. Other then that stay away from Jefferson Archery in Md. They cant set up a bow to save there lifes, in fact i know about 5 people with same complaint and it grows everytime I meet people at the 3D range.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:47 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by crenshaw
Other then that stay away from Jefferson Archery in Md. They cant set up a bow to save there lifes, in fact i know about 5 people with same complaint and it grows everytime I meet people at the 3D range.

+1

My experiences there haven't been good at all - but I haven't been there in a couple of years.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Typical Buck

im actually surprised to see the negatives about Hoffmans,,,,i have never experienced any pressures there and im a hoyt shooter,,well,,,unless finances change a bit in the next two weeks,,,,i really feel the need to shoot that new Z7,,,good luck to ya'll this year!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.