S FL archery in July >

S FL archery in July

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

S FL archery in July

Old 07-28-2010, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default S FL archery in July

Yee Haw - Archery opens July 31 in the new South Florida zone. Man, is it gonna be hot, but I don't care. The property mngr. says the skeets are so big, they have numbers on them, but I don't care about that either. I'm totally stoked - I've been putting a few rounds through the old Bear Blacktail every night & it's still dialed in perfect from last year. My hunting buddies are looking for racks, but I would love to get a hog. Shot plenty with a rifle & stuck a couple with a knife, but never arrowed one yet. Maybe this will be my lucky year.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Fork Horn

UPDATE : As soon as daylight broke I saw a good sized hog about 100 yards out from my treestand. She was heading away from me, but towards my buddy Z man so I knew it was a dead hog walking. About 10 minutes later I heard several loud, deep, grunts & I knew he hit her. She went about 35 yards & piled up next to the fence. About a 125 lb sow hog with a perfect heart shot through both shoulders. Ruined the blades of the Muzzy 3 blade 100, but as least they held together & did the job. The whole rest of the day we saw nothing but cows & racoons. All in all, a great day hunting. Can't wait 'till next time.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Spike

My buddy couldnt hunt this weekend because he was outta town but he promised that i could get a doe so i will hold him to it as soon as he goes this weekend hopefully!!!!
Old 08-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Fork Horn

hunted sat sun and monday morning. Saw four different does but no shots. My buddy saw 2 bucks 1 nice 8 point and a little 6 point. no shots still trying to get close enough. Will be back out on wed. Good luck everyone