The New Deer Permit..straight from the horse's mouth

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

The New Deer Permit..straight from the horse's mouth

Old 07-27-2010, 04:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Default The New Deer Permit..straight from the horse's mouth

DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Been on the phone for about an hour..Walmart refused to sell me a deer permit because it's written."If you purchased your license before July 1,st you are exempt."

I called Fish and Game in Lakeland." I'm not sure about that you will need to call Tallahassee" ok yes maam

Called Tallahassee ..after going through many different people who were not sure either..
Finally they transferred me to a clerk and here's the final word..

UNLESS you have a FL Sportsman licence or Gold License YOU MUST PURCHASE THE NEW Deer PERMIT!!regardless of when you bought your FL license.

Last edited by Chuck7; 07-27-2010 at 05:10 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:44 AM
Spike

They are running out of welfare money.....
so they have to tax someone...
Old 07-27-2010, 07:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Probably so...I went back to Walmart and it took a long time.They didn't know how to sell me a deer permit.It took 3 of them ..finally one of them found it..I got
her [-; so I'm good to go.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:55 AM
Spike

And to to top it all off when in the world did they discuss or even say anything about this permit. I didnt know anything about it untill last week. Dont we pay enough!!! This is getting bad... maybe a scouting permit is coming next!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 12:13 PM
Dominant Buck

The permit is only 5.50 ...my only gripe...is that the folks working this area and the ones on the phones haven't a clue..Youl'd figure they would be able to answer any questions.After reading the FWM one more time..it is quite easy to understand..I'm just to lazy to read.

Folks I would hunt if the license went up to 200.00 I just love huntin { -;
Old 07-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

I always buy the sportsman gold to avoid any problems. FWC stopped me & my buddy last year (we were both legal) and as soon as he saw we both had the gold, he stopped all ball-breaking & let us go on our way. The laws are so convoluted nowadays that it's too easy to think your legal, then an officer checks you out & you find ONE thing that you missed. YES I support law enforcement, but let me buy one license & be done with it already!
Old 07-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Dominant Buck

not a bad idea..
Old 07-31-2010, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

next year the deer permit will be about $50.00 a pop due to Florida's saltwater fishing in the gulf. they gotta keep up the revenue since they destroyed the transferable permit system. this is what everyone get's who were against the transferable permit system. if you don't think this added fee is a direct result from that, you're a dang fool. glad i got my Georgia lease!
Old 08-01-2010, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CamoCop
next year the deer permit will be about $50.00 a pop due to Florida's saltwater fishing in the gulf. they gotta keep up the revenue since they destroyed the transferable permit system. this is what everyone get's who were against the transferable permit system. if you don't think this added fee is a direct result from that, you're a dang fool. glad i got my Georgia lease!

WHAT $50.00 ???????????? for deer tag in Florida ???????????
Is this opinon or fact ???? I haven't heard a thing like that but I wouldn't doubt it either...........
Old 08-01-2010, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

$50.00 is just a number i threw out there. FWC has to maintain their revenue and the $5.00 deer permit is a way to make up for some of the loss they suffered when doing away with the transferable permits. they ended up losing more money than they thought. FWC figured Florida's offshore fishing could sustain their current revenue and when it didn't they needed a way to bring in more money without "raising" the cost of a license...because that would have caused an uproar.

now since Florida's offshore fishing is taking a hit (oil spill in gulf), i'm betting they will need to make up even more money nxt year. guess on how they are going to do that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.