Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Quantico 2009-2010 Season >

Quantico 2009-2010 Season

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Quantico 2009-2010 Season

Old 03-12-2010, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

I accept your apology and as I dont hunt there anymore I dont mind sharing my spots.I'm coming to town the end of the month and I hope to dedicate a day to Quantico,and a few hours to some spots in mannasty.That area is getting built up so fast.Every year when I come back some of my prime spots have housing developements built on them.Its sad but thats life
Old 03-12-2010, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well if I am free I sure would like to tag along to learn about shed hunting. I am absolutely horrible at shed hunting. I have been out scouting/shed hunting a ton here over the last two months and have only found 1 shed. It was around a 50 inch or so shed. I am open ears to anything advice you have for hunting Quantico, wether it be strategy or anything specific.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

I'm only 21 but I have killed 7-8 bucks that are legit to even the oldest hunter's off quantico I bow hunt alot and gun hunt but a span of 10yrs now I have taken nice bucks for only being 21 I would love to gain more about quantico becuase as we all no u can use all the info u can agenst then big old nasty quantico clim in a hole when deer season starts bucks LOL
Old 03-13-2010, 05:35 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by oldshedhunter35
I accept your apology and as I dont hunt there anymore I dont mind sharing my spots.I'm coming to town the end of the month and I hope to dedicate a day to Quantico,and a few hours to some spots in mannasty.That area is getting built up so fast.Every year when I come back some of my prime spots have housing developements built on them.Its sad but thats life

Boy I wish I was in Virginia now. I'd sure like to tag along. I know next to nothing about shed hunting. Shed hunting for me has been similar to just wandering through the woods aimlessly. Good luck and post some pics I'd love to see some success pics. Take care all.

VA
Old 03-17-2010, 03:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never been to Quantico,exept to burn grass ......LOL but that's another story.But it has always been my experience that any where that you see deer there is always one if not many monsters.It's just if they don't want you to see them you wont .Unless you cacth them in the stupid season.12:00 high with their nose stuck straight up in the air.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

I spent a couple days in the Quantico area shed hunting .I found 5 sheds including a real nice but severly chewed set I,d guess would go 150 on the hoof and another shed that im guessing would go 130 with the match.Area 16 g looks real good to me hope this helps you guys
Old 03-28-2010, 01:22 AM
Typical Buck

I spent a couple days in the Quantico area shed hunting .I found 5 sheds including a real nice but severly chewed set I,d guess would go 150 on the hoof and another shed that im guessing would go 130 with the match.Area 16 g looks real good to me hope this helps you guys
Cmon ole buddy,,dont be shy,,,you found 11 total in 2 days,,,put some pics up on here so they can see um,,,wish i coulda spent some more time with ya while you were here!
Old 03-28-2010, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fantastic oldshed...I really hope you get down here during hunting season and kill one of those big boys. I spent a ton of time in one of the TA's scouting this off season. I found a serious rub line with these type of rubs, for at least a mile...

Old 04-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Typical Buck

So, is there some proof to this fantastic shed hunting or what? Words mean nothing. Prove it!

VA