Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Virginia Deer Hound Training Season >

Virginia Deer Hound Training Season

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA
View Poll Results: Would you support this season?
yes
38.64%
no
61.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Virginia Deer Hound Training Season

Old 02-22-2010, 01:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Lots of folks feel the same way when they find someone has trespassed on their land and put up a deer stand. The nerve of some folks, guess we should outlaw that type of hunting to make sure stuff like that doesnt happen.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Lanse couche couche
Lots of folks feel the same way when they find someone has trespassed on their land and put up a deer stand. The nerve of some folks, guess we should outlaw that type of hunting to make sure stuff like that doesnt happen.
We are talking about dog hunting and not poachers. If you want to talk about them, why don't you start another thread.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe we do need a "Deer Hound Training Season" in Virginia.....So the guys that hunt with dogs can train the dogs to stay off land they don`t belong on !
Old 02-23-2010, 04:55 AM
Fork Horn

Yes that is deff. more of a problem then dogs running near another hunter, but some would never agree to that lol. anyways I say no to a training season. We all get our time. I do more still hunting then dog running, But we have a month in oct to bow hunt and 2 more weeks to black powder...so 6 weeks without dogs then we get around 6 weeks to run dogs. I actually still hunt a few days during the week on our hunt clubs land. I see just as many deer the first couple of weeks during dog season then i do in the 6 weeks of bow and black powder. Trust me you wont see any sympothy from me for the ones who cry wolf every time they hear a dog bark but a dog training season is not really neccesary in my opinion. Things have been running smooth(according to most hunters) for years and they will continue to for many more years to come.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:17 AM
Fork Horn

You poor thing. I see you have Ohio as your location. Must be a living hell up there for a dog chaser lover like yourself. All those xbows and only 2 weeks of a dog-less gun season.

Still trying to compare apples to oranges. No one wants to ban dog chasing just make a similar trespass law for them. Keep your mutts on your own land and the problem will be solved. Should be easy enough for most anyone to understand.

Obviously there isn't much support for the chasers on this one. The poll every where it's been posted has taken a real beating.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

yep and if a bunch of those stand hunters will keep their butts and their stands off other peoples ground then there wouldnt be that problem either. But since that aint gonna happen and incidents of trespass, poaching, and property damage by stand hunters far, far ooutnumber those committed by dog hunters and the LEOs arent exactly engaged in a crusade against them, then the only real solution seems to be to ban deer stand hunting.

Some of you clowns just keep tossing those softballs right down the middle and I just keep smoking them out of the park

See ya the next time this nonsense comes up in another thread, sharpstuff...

Last edited by Lanse couche couche; 02-23-2010 at 08:55 AM. Reason: adding text
Old 02-23-2010, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lanse....You CAN`T TRESPASS here in Virginia if your on someone else`s land during hunting season if you say "Your looking for your dog".....It`s the "Right To Retrieve" law and it`s against my rights as a land owner...The RTR should be done away with.....if anyone wants to retrieve their dogs from my land they should have to ask for MY PERMISSION before doing so........
Old 02-23-2010, 10:42 AM
Typical Buck

So if you ban stand hunting I guess that will only leave who, as the hunters in a dog drive have to stand somewhere. So Lanse I guess you just want to ban all hunting like HSUS and PETA. We now know where you have your loyalties. Yea just keep throwing the soft stuff down the middle and keep getting eaten up.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:43 AM
Typical Buck

Don't forget that also includes Archery and Black poder hunters as stand hunters. Yep keep throwing the soft ones.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:17 AM
Typical Buck

If its legal let them run and shut up. I wish missouri would let us run dogs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.