Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Virginia Deer Hound Training Season >

Virginia Deer Hound Training Season

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA
View Poll Results: Would you support this season?
yes
38.64%
no
61.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Virginia Deer Hound Training Season

Old 01-15-2010, 04:45 AM
Spike

Dog runners are one of the most vocal opponants of Sunday hunting in Virginia.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Root'em Up Kennels
what do you mean a compromise its not your decision besides who would take advice from someone that would stoop low enough to bait and catch a dog doing what it was trained to do in a coyote trap I'd be willing to bet that you don't even hunt close to many dog clubs I think your just out to stir up a bunch of controversy If you have problems with hunters in your area call the law enforcement harming peoples pets is not the answer thats just going to make things worse.
Who would be low enough to train on deer out of season and then lie when caught and claim they were chasing 'yotes. The one way street sign has been taken down in case you haven't figured it out yet.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:40 AM
Fork Horn

I'm not stopping you or anyone from having sunday hunting I'd like to have sundays during archery and muzzle loader seasons but, you guys can have the rest of the sundays I'll be at home resting my legs from chasing after those dogs got to keep them where they belong
Your daddy, er......... I mean VADHA says you don't want to hunt on Sundays. They stood toe to toe with the HSUS in front of the GA and said so. No we won't forget. What else has the chaser given or tried to give us? How about a license only for bear? Was proposed and backed by the bear chaser org. Yes you guys do a lot for the MAJORITY of hunters in VA. And we'll be glad to return the favor given half a chance.

The 90% against on this poll should tell you something. Go clean some pens or chase white tailed 'yotes as they now claim they're doing. Training season ain't going to happen for free.

EDIT .........Just got this news a few minutes ago.............

Remember all that hugging and holding hands VAHDA did with HSUS on Sunday hunting? Well they're going to repay the favor. Check out issue #1 for them. See no good deed goes unpunished. They have the money and the support to go at it from a different way.

http://action.humanesociety.org/site...0&dlv_id=10382

Last edited by Bigg~BirddVA; 01-15-2010 at 08:18 AM.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:46 PM
Spike

this guy is crazy you need to change your name to the angry hunter
Old 01-17-2010, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

this guy is crazy you need to change your name to the angry hunter
Wow ! Typical chaser response. Gee I never expected that.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:52 PM
Spike

How about this..... NO!! to running any big game with dogs in Va. and.....No!! to Sunday hunting as well!!
Old 01-19-2010, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not stopping you or anyone from having sunday hunting I'd like to have sundays during archery and muzzle loader seasons but, you guys can have the rest of the sundays I'll be at home resting my legs from chasing after those dogs got to keep them where they belong
Somehow I get the feeling you came on here to upset the applecart. Or are just are you a standard type, one each, troll.

A lot of folks around here don't care much for the way dog hunting goes in Virigina. We have a bunch of "A" holes in DF&G who are too pro dog hunting and the hell with the others.

I personally think they are the lowest of rednecks that I have come in contact with and if there are any real dog hunters of good character, I haven't met any!!!

Sorry if this sounds too harsh, but I have had too many experiences with this low life and rowdy bunch.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:23 PM
Fork Horn

Another happy resident speaks up.

http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/F...2112009/512847

Hunters rudely run over property rights

December 11, 2009 12:36 am

I am a landowner in southeastern Caroline County with 45 acres. I am appalled by the current restrictions on hunting with dogs in this area, especially the law that requires hunters to try and notify the landowner before they enter private property to retrieve their dogs.
These people and hunt clubs make no effort at all to notify individuals of the encroachment of others' property.
Quite the contrary; these people walk through my property yelling and screaming to run out the deer anytime they wish.
They hide behind the law that allows them to retrieve their animals. They do try and make sure I am either not home, or they are there very early and move fast so I do not have time to get out there and catch them.
It is very upsetting when you work hard to purchase a piece of land to hunt on and live on and others take advantage of this.
Our elected representatives need to address this once and for all.
You will hear that this is an old tradition they want to continue. This is ridiculous; 20 years ago, grown men would kill others' dogs and pay a visit to the dogs' owners for this trespassing.
These dogs are equipped with radio transmitters. Why do they need to enter my property to look for something when they know where it is?
We as landowners need to start our own lobby, maybe calling it "Landowners against Hunting with Dogs," or LOAHD.
We should call and e-mail our elected representatives every day until something is changed. Together, we can make a difference about this total injustice on our property rights.
Those representatives who are members of or are affiliated with these groups of hunters should be exposed.
Harland Dodson
Caroline
Old 01-25-2010, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know how in the world you guys don't have a training season yet? Our runs during bow season here in Florida, and I run mine at night alot because I like to bow hunt. I love to hear a good race while sitting in the stand though!

Luckily, we lease vast continous acreage timberland and don't have to worry about 'joe blow' who owns 2 acres right in the middle of our lease.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Angry

Originally Posted by bryant1
I don't know how in the world you guys don't have a training season yet? Our runs during bow season here in Florida, and I run mine at night alot because I like to bow hunt. I love to hear a good race while sitting in the stand though!

Luckily, we lease vast continous acreage timberland and don't have to worry about 'joe blow' who owns 2 acres right in the middle of our lease.
Who is the idiot that came up with a training period during hunting season??? That has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard of.

When I am sitting int he woods during our archery season in Oct. here in Va. that is the last thing I want to see is a bunch of dogs messing up my hunt!!!

I sure feel sorry for the folks in your neck of the woods that are serious hunters.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.