Hope on Sunday Hunting Ban >

Hope on Sunday Hunting Ban

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Hope on Sunday Hunting Ban

Old 01-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Swampdog
"Heck...guys can drink, smoke, have sex, smoke while having sex, drink while having sex, cuss, cuss/smoke/have sex simultaneoulsy .....and all on Sundays."

That's what chapps my behind.I can take my boat to the lake, drink beer,ski,go to a Nascar race ,golf tournament,Strip bar,regular bar ,shoot pool, just about any kind of recreation you can imagine.But I can't hunt. This should have went out with the "Blue Laws" I'll still fight for it but it is getting down right discouraging.

Also..........dopers and the scum of the earth don't stop trying to sell dope to our kids on Sundays either. I'd rather kids/young adults be in the woods with people like us vice the frickin streets on Sundays when we know dang good and well the majority of them are no where near a church (yeah its a reality). I know there's a little more to it than that but you guys get what I'm talking about. The religious thing is a last ditch effort to the thumpers to keep what they think is adding to the further deterioration of the family system. Well it's time to get over it and wake up fellow Virginians, and try to salvage what is left of the family system.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by virginiashadow
Heck...guys can drink, smoke, have sex, smoke while having sex, drink while having sex, cuss, cuss/smoke/have sex simultaneoulsy .....and all on Sundays.
Sounds like a good Sunday to me!!

I hunt mainly in the Midwest where Sunday hunting is legal, but I wish you guys the best of luck. I couldn't imagine not hunting before or after a good NFL game on Sunday! Good luck guys, this Northerner wishes you the best of luck. I don't know how I would have learned hunting from my father growing up if hunting was illegal on Sundays. Between him working and me playing sports in school, Sunday was the only time we had a full day of father and son time.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:12 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by fastetti
Sounds like a good Sunday to me!!

I hunt mainly in the Midwest where Sunday hunting is legal, but I wish you guys the best of luck. I couldn't imagine not hunting before or after a good NFL game on Sunday! Good luck guys, this Northerner wishes you the best of luck. I don't know how I would have learned hunting from my father growing up if hunting was illegal on Sundays. Between him working and me playing sports in school, Sunday was the only time we had a full day of father and son time.
Excellent point sir.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

fastetti--

"Between him working and me playing sports in school, Sunday was the only time we had a full day of father and son time"

Excellent point. That is what I am talking about. Right now I work two weekends a month. Say I maintain this schedule when my son begins to hunt. So I only get two Saturdays a month to hunt with my son?
Old 01-29-2010, 06:51 AM
Typical Buck

I have seen several references to the NRA and their stand on Sunday Hunting. Where have they been on this issue in Virginia? When will they provide more than just lip service to this long running issue? Wonder when they will contact various representatives in the GA and let them know that the NRA supports this issue. There are many NRA members who hunt and send all sorts of funds to them but so far I have seen little from them in helping to get the Sunday Hunting Ban lifted? Want to guess where they have a main office at? Here in Virginia but it seems all their efforts with our money go elsewhere. Why? Have contacted them and they say they are behind it but where and how?
Old 01-31-2010, 02:51 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Virginia Mike
Hey Guys,

I have spoken to Rich Anderson, just elected as Delegate in the 51st District, and he is willing to move forward and help get rid of this ban. He is a retired Air Force Colonel and a great guy. I know that there are a bunch of you that have been involved for a long time with this. Are any of you willing to sit down with me and the Delegate and brainstorm on why this hasn't been defeated and how we can move forward? I would like to have some facts and figures in hand before I schedule a meeting. His office contacted me after the elections to get together and meet. Let me know what you guys think.
I went down to Richmond on lobby day and lobbied this and few other items. Mostly fell on deaf ears. Straight ban elimination bills get passed over. The anti's don't what to expand hunting opportunities and self described "old timers" tell me that they want the family together in church and around the table on Sunday.

Don't give up. VA is now only one of 7 states that don't allow Sunday hunting. Hopefully the new governer can provide some progress.

Here is a link to some talkers:
http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactShe...=174&issue=021
Old 02-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Spike

Best of luck in whatever may come of all of this! I will definitely enjoy the ability to hunt on Sunday! Just being able to hunt on Saturdays isn't enough for me! I certainly hope we can get this turned around!!
Old 02-02-2010, 07:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by vadeer
I went down to Richmond on lobby day and lobbied this and few other items. Mostly fell on deaf ears. Straight ban elimination bills get passed over. The anti's don't what to expand hunting opportunities and self described "old timers" tell me that they want the family together in church and around the table on Sunday.

Don't give up. VA is now only one of 7 states that don't allow Sunday hunting. Hopefully the new governer can provide some progress.

Here is a link to some talkers:
http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactShe...=174&issue=021
VA will only get Sunday hunting when all hunters can agree on it. And between the never ending war with dog runners and bowhunters, hopefully one day we'll all get along.

I can't hunt on Sunday anyway (I work on Sunday!) but at least I have Friday and Saturday off, and am back on the day shift (Thank God... No more graveyard shift!)

But, I am still here ready to lend a hand in support of Sunday hunting!
Old 02-03-2010, 04:32 AM
Fork Horn

Butch send me a email or pm when you gety a chance
Old 02-17-2010, 07:26 AM
Fork Horn

Exclamation Getting Closer

Hey Guys,

Thanks again for all of the educated discussion and facts that have been provided. I have taken a lot of thoughts and feelings from the thread and kept them in mind for the final document that I will take to Richmond. I am meeting with a VDGIF Officer this week to hear his thoughts and then on to Richmond to meet with Delegate Anderson and 3 other Delegates on March 2nd. If there are any other opinions, facts or just quick thoughts on the Ban, now is the time to post them. Thanks again and I will let you know how things go.

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.