Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Hope on Sunday Hunting Ban >

Hope on Sunday Hunting Ban

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Hope on Sunday Hunting Ban

Old 01-07-2010, 09:04 AM
Fork Horn

Come on guys. I know that this has been a dead end road forever, but if we don't keep trying it will never happen. Please, if you have any info or facts that you think might help, send them on. And Butch, go buy a license and I will take you to shoot Does on any of my properties any time you can go. I have properties open to gun and bow until march. We'll fill your freezer if you want or need.

Mike
Old 01-07-2010, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

Mike,

Here is a report from North Carolina that was used. You could glean some good info from it. http://www.nctws.org/pdf_docs/sunhunt.pdf

Also some great comments here: http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...g-inside_x.htm

But it sounds to me like one of the biggest agruements to allow Sunday hunting is because I believe it will help the economy and give working people, including myself, more time to enjoy the sport.

r/
Alex
Old 01-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default There are compelling reasons why Sunday hunting should be allowed:

Mike,

Here is some great info from the NRA
  • Sunday hunting has no detrimental effect on wildlife populations. The 43 states that allow some form of Sunday hunting have healthy wildlife populations in those areas that can sustain them. In fact the states with the most abundant game populations allow Sunday hunting. Those states that have recently removed prohibitions on Sunday hunting have not seen a negative impact on game populations. Allowing Sunday hunting will give state wildlife agencies more flexibility in managing populations. The extra day a week for hunting will give the agencies the ability to increase hunting in areas of overpopulation by encouraging hunters to go afield.
  • The most common reason that hunters stop hunting is lack of hunting opportunity. Hunting opportunities are largely decided by two factors: accessible land and available time. Since most hunters work Monday through Friday, a ban on Sunday hunting cuts their available hunting time in half.
  • Sunday hunting is an excellent way to recruit new hunters. Many young people have school or athletic obligations on Saturday. Allowing Sunday hunting means that parents can spend time hunting with their son or daughter, passing on a heritage that is so important to America. With the myriad of activities that compete for the attention of young people today, a restriction on Sunday hunting means many of them never take up the sport.
  • Sunday hunting will bring an economic benefit to many rural areas. Every day that hunters are in the field, they spend money on gas, food, lodging and the dozens of other incidentals that go along with a day`s hunt. The ripple effect of this spending can have a major impact on a rural town or county.
  • Out-of-state license revenue can grow as a result of Sunday hunting. Few hunters will take extended hunting trips to a state that won`t let them hunt one day of the week. These out-of-state hunters pay higher license fees that benefit the game department and also spend even more money on incidentals than in-state hunters.
None of these states have experienced the horror stories forecast by opponents of hunting. The states continue to have healthy wildlife populations. Hunters continue to behave in a responsible and safe manner. Church attendance remains unchanged. Landowner-hunter conflicts have not increased. In sum, Sunday hunting has had nothing but a beneficial impact on these states and the future of hunting in them.

And even though I dont agree with this publications politics... this is a great article noting alot of the NRA positive info.
http://blogs.roanoke.com/wildlife/hu...y_hunting.html

Last edited by Alex G.; 01-07-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Virginia Mike
Come on guys. I know that this has been a dead end road forever, but if we don't keep trying it will never happen. Please, if you have any info or facts that you think might help, send them on. And Butch, go buy a license and I will take you to shoot Does on any of my properties any time you can go. I have properties open to gun and bow until march. We'll fill your freezer if you want or need.

Mike

Mike, you are a good man.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Virginia Mike
And Butch, go buy a license and I will take you to shoot Does on any of my properties any time you can go. I have properties open to gun and bow until march. We'll fill your freezer if you want or need.

Mike
Whoa... For real???

I'll send you a PM with my phone number... Thank you for the opportunity!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was in MI when this same battle was fought and won. Once it was gone, it was a non-event. Deer populations continued to grow out of control and there was no big bad outcome as some had complained. Road hunting actually went down, for some odd reason. Keep up the good fight.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:27 AM
Typical Buck

I wouldn't vote against it, but I'm not voting for it.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hoyt3
I wouldn't vote against it, but I'm not voting for it.
Hoyt--talking with logic, what would be the downside of hunting on Sundays?
Old 01-08-2010, 06:08 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah.... I'm with VirginiaShadow on this....whats the downside? We can fish in sundays....
Old 01-08-2010, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Flippinstk
Yeah.... I'm with VirginiaShadow on this....whats the downside? We can fish in sundays....

Heck...guys can drink, smoke, have sex, smoke while having sex, drink while having sex, cuss, cuss/smoke/have sex simultaneoulsy .....and all on Sundays.

So if the no hunting thing is about families and church, then why not try to eliminate the above mentioned "sins" as well on Sunday? Again, I am not dogging religion. I just feel the no Sunday hunting law is absolutely archaic, religiously biased, and is controlled by a small yet economically powerful group of people. It actually sickens me that we allow these people to control our lives to the point where they can tell us that we cannot even hunt on our own lands (not that I have any land that I own, but you get the point).

It is so un-American to dictate to people what they can and cannot do using legal methods that it should be immediately revoked and Sunday hunting restored. Dang I wonder how the colonists would have felt if someone in their community told them that there was no hunting on Sundays even though a perfectly healthy deer stood not but 20 yards away from their front door. They would have laughed them off and shot the deer. I am not a law breaker guys, but I would be dang tempted to hunt on my own property on Sunday if I owned some. I am 35 years old now. I imagine that I am going to be dang near broken down physically and will have worked my tail off to finally be able to purchase my own land when I reach around 50 years old. When my kids are playing highschool sports and I am studying with them after school, my week day afternoon hunts are going to be few and far between. What if I just want to wake up early on a Sunday morning and go hunting with my son? I currently can't and that kills me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.