HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   Doing a Ky hunt in 2010 need some help (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/311922-doing-ky-hunt-2010-need-some-help.html)

bigtim6656 12-08-2009 04:16 AM

Doing a Ky hunt in 2010 need some help

i am thinking or planning a ky hunt for the 2010 season. Almost sure i am going to do it. I love Ky and there is some good hunting. Plus the non resident license is not out of the world on price. Heck i can hunt ky being a Indiana resident for about the same i hunt Indiana with in state tags. :confused0024:
60 bucks ky out of state tags for 2
Bonus anterless tags 15.00 for 2.
Thats about 75 bucks for out of state ky tags for 4 deer.
Indiana 24 dollors a pop each deer no matter if it is gun bow or muzzlerloader. so 2 deer for that there 48 dollars. Bonus anterless tags 24 for the first one 15 the second and so on. So that 39 for two bonus tags. OHHH wait it would cost me more to hunt indiana and buy the same 4 tags with a resident liceanse :nonono2:
But any way

I know and have hunted two spots. I hunted Daniel Boone national forest which is by Corbin in the central eastern side. Right off interstate 75. It is a rather Big national forest. I know a few good spots and could have a good chance of finding a killer spot with a few summer fall trips fishing.

I have also huted dale hollow on the wester side still centeral ky just on the western side. It is by celina Tn and to to far from land between the lakes.

I can hunt either place knowing a few good hunting spots in both. I know a good amont more about dale hollow. I spend more time there and did a good bit of scouting one area. Or go to a place with better hunting that i will not know much about. Where would you go.
Also if any of you Ky guys know a good spot feel free to let me know. I am looking for public land down there with good deer hunting. Plus i will need a cheap hotal or cabin to stay in.

wilsontc81 12-11-2009 12:16 PM

I went to ky this year on opening gun and it was hot. around 70 degrees. not much moving. i did manage to jump a 6.5 yr old buck that scored 129" out of a crp field. but not many good ones other than that taken where we were.
also, you might want to check on that license situation for non residents as i hunted there this year as a non resident. you have to buy the big game annual license which is 160.00 i believe and 30.00 for your deer permit. just an fyi for you.

bigtim6656 12-12-2009 02:22 AM

Ya i remembered that. You buy the hunting liceance and then buy (tags). Where in indiana you buy a deer liceance seperate from the hunging liceanse. Guess if it is 70 i will setup on the lake or river and fish till one comes down to get some water. Knowing my luck i will be bringing a big bass in when the monster comes by.
If i remeber my first year there is was warm the second cold as **** so who knows.

Originally Posted by wilsontc81 (Post 3527078)
I went to ky this year on opening gun and it was hot. around 70 degrees. not much moving. i did manage to jump a 6.5 yr old buck that scored 129" out of a crp field. but not many good ones other than that taken where we were.
also, you might want to check on that license situation for non residents as i hunted there this year as a non resident. you have to buy the big game annual license which is 160.00 i believe and 30.00 for your deer permit. just an fyi for you.

bugsNbows 12-12-2009 05:32 AM

I was wondering about your math on the NR tags. Last time I hunted KY (about 2 years ago) it cost me about $150-$160 as I remember.

dprsdhunter 12-12-2009 03:06 PM

Went to Ky this year-$190 total for nonresident

bigtim6656 12-12-2009 09:25 PM

I was wrong. Guess thats why i failed math. lol

Originally Posted by bugsNbows (Post 3527650)
I was wondering about your math on the NR tags. Last time I hunted KY (about 2 years ago) it cost me about $150-$160 as I remember.

Blueditch42 12-13-2009 01:09 PM

It does cost $190 to hunt KY. $130 non rest hunting license and $60 deer tag.