Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
VA rabbit hunt w/ PICS!!! >

VA rabbit hunt w/ PICS!!!

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

VA rabbit hunt w/ PICS!!!

Old 12-10-2009, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Steve,
Every year to are able to make me very jealous!!!
Old 12-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Those pictures pretty much describe what i did with my dad and other folks in Illinois from the time I was 5 until my early 20s. My dad no longer keeps rabbit dogs and with all the POSTED signs that have sprouted up it is harder to find room to run 'em. I still get out once or twice a year with some friends to stomp brush, but it is nowhere near the same as listeningto some good rabbit dogs work the brush.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

Steve,

pm me your phone number, I can't find yours anymore. I have a few things I wanted to run by you.

Justin
Old 12-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

tourangeaud - who are you kidding, my worthless mutts lose most every rabbit we jump, I'm fixin to start jump shooting if they don't get better soon! HAHA, just kidding. We usually drop the tailgate a few hrs. after sunrise & we hunt 1 pack of dogs all day, usually 4-5 dogs. Actually, I prefer to hunt w/ no more than 4 guys total but tourangeauds spot is right NASTY and you can get away w/ a few more. Too many & I get worried for the hunters & dogs safety as you can't see very far even w/ people covered in blaze (rabbits live in the nastiest briars & thickets you can imagine). I only hunt private land but tried some public land in VA a few years back and it was a bust compared to private property. TALLY HO TALLY HO!!!