Hunting near Fredericsburg Virginia >

Hunting near Fredericsburg Virginia

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Hunting near Fredericsburg Virginia

Old 11-30-2009, 05:48 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Hunting near Fredericsburg Virginia

My brother moved from VT to the Warrenton Va area and works down rt 17 in Fredericksburg. He found some pub land near his home but is looking for some pub land near work so he can hunt b-4 or after work. He likes to bow hunt and gun hunt. Anyone have any suggestions.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:07 AM
Fork Horn

Were does he work?
C.F. Phelps WMA Pettigrew WMA Thats about it for this area. What part of VT are you from I lived in Hinesburg. Wish I could go back up there for some whitetail hunting.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:53 AM
Fork Horn

Phelps and Pettigrew are OK early in the season but they get a ton of pressure and are tough after ML season.

Quantico and Fort AP Hill are very good but there are requirements to hunt there....hunters safety cert...background check...$$$

Mitch
Old 12-02-2009, 04:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by bushanic
Were does he work?
C.F. Phelps WMA Pettigrew WMA Thats about it for this area. What part of VT are you from I lived in Hinesburg. Wish I could go back up there for some whitetail hunting.
He works for Cosco and I am from the Champlain Islands. Heinsburg is a nice town and I have turkey and deer hunted there a few times. I'll let my brother know about the areas you mentioned...thanks for the info.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

We've seen more big bucks at Thompsons than at Phelps & there doesn't seem to be "quite" as much hunting pressure.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

C.I. You might can get in touch with Taz,Maybe he can put your bro on to something.If you can't get in touch with him .I can give him a shout and let you know..........Alton
Old 10-27-2010, 03:26 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by mitchmtm1
Quantico and Fort AP Hill are very good but there are requirements to hunt there....hunters safety cert...background check...$$$

Mitch
No background check. You just have to watch a 20 minute video and pay $15-$20 (Can't remember which one). Not bad for hunting. A LOT of land. You have to reserve spots via a call in system. Not too pressured considering they limit the amount of people in an area. I think its like 1 person per 20 acres.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:51 PM
Spike

Dcbucki is correct, there is no background check. You have to watch the video and pay 20$. If you want to hunt on "Mainside" you have to qualify.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by UncleTed
Dcbucki is correct, there is no background check. You have to watch the video and pay 20$. If you want to hunt on "Mainside" you have to qualify.

I was talking about AP Hill. There is a criminal history check and it is $50 a year.

I have never hunted Quantico myself, so I assume that is where you are talking about.

Mitch
Old 10-27-2010, 08:09 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by mitchmtm1
I was talking about AP Hill. There is a criminal history check and it is $50 a year.

I have never hunted Quantico myself, so I assume that is where you are talking about.

Mitch
Yes, I was talking about Quantico. I've heard alot of good things about A.P. Hill but never had the chance to get over there...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.