Bucks chasing does in Va.!!!!! >

Bucks chasing does in Va.!!!!!

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Bucks chasing does in Va.!!!!!

Old 10-26-2009, 09:01 AM
Typical Buck

Default Bucks chasing does in Va.!!!!!

I was hunting Sat. morning on my lease in Culpepper Co. and had three bucks chase a doe within 30 yds of my stand. The first buck was a nice 16" eight pointer, the second a really nice wide eight and the last was a bruiser of a Ten point with at least a 20" spread. The bucks chased the doe into a thicket and surrounded her and would not let her go. They kept messing with her and she kept trying to get away until finally she did with the bucks hot on her. I never could get a decent shot and never saw them again. It is just killing me to have to work all week while this is going on. I think I might be coming down with the swine flu.......
Old 10-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Spike

Thumbs up

It's good to hear that they're finally on the move! I'm hunting just one county over and there's been very little action and very little sign. The sad part is I've seen more deer in the past week behind my house than I've seen where I hunt. It won't be long now. I can feel it!
Old 10-26-2009, 03:16 PM
Fork Horn

I haven't seen much in the woods but thats probably due to lack of time in the woods(work) but have seen more deer, especially bucks, hit on the side of the road. Hopefully there will be some great movement this weekend and it won't rain for the third Saturday in a row. I am getting pretty waterlogged!!! lol
Old 10-26-2009, 04:28 PM
Typical Buck

Havent been able to hunt much, and the weather has sucked. But last night i went with a friend to make some adjustments on a stand to move it closer to a creek. In the process two bucks came trotting through, noses to the ground. They were seeking. They paid no attention to us and trotted by at 20 yards while we were working on the stand. I grunted at one, it just looked up at us and then kept on his way, didnt care! there starting to forget the rest of the world exist. Good sign things are starting. Also, saw an old doe whose rear end was all ruffled up, she might have gone in early, could explain why the bucks were going a little crazy on sunday. To bad it was Sunday, and VA wont drop that law.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:54 AM
Spike

ive been in the woods pretty much every day . I hunt mostly in charlotte county and i havent seen any chasing yet , I have been seeing more rubs but not much in the way of scrapes .My friend and i watched 2 small bucks sparring a few nights ago guess they were trying to show off for the ladies that were with them . Well im off to the stand to see what i encounter today . well good luck and good hunting, always strap in
Old 10-27-2009, 09:01 AM
Typical Buck

A friend of mine just arrowed the biggest buck of his life over in Locust Grove yesterday. It was a really nice seven pointer and the buck weighed a whopping 211 lbs. It was following a doe with a yearling. He also shot a bear out of the same stand the Monday before last.

We have been seeing lots of scrapes and rubs for the past two weeks. The rain has been messing my hunts up as I can usually only go during the weekends. I am taking a half day off tomorrow so I can get an evening hunt in. Best of luck to everyone!!
Old 10-27-2009, 10:21 AM
Fork Horn

I am off the rest of the week after today. Hopefully I timed this time off correctly and the rain will hold off.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Spike

Got my first archery buck tonight. Buck came in after sitting on stand for 5 minutes...put tinks gel doe urine on my shoes.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by NOVAhunter91
Got my first archery buck tonight. Buck came in after sitting on stand for 5 minutes...put tinks gel doe urine on my shoes.
Congratulations to you NOVA! Any pics?
Old 10-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Typical Buck

I'm hoping next week has some action. I'll be off for the first two weeks of November. Good luck to all and congrats on the buck NOVA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.