Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Bucks chasing does in Va.!!!!! >

Bucks chasing does in Va.!!!!!

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Bucks chasing does in Va.!!!!!

Old 10-28-2009, 03:22 AM
Fork Horn

Things are starting to warm up a little for sure. Give it another two weeks and it should be rocking. I hope so as I plan on hunting everyday of the second week of muzzle loader this season. Hopefully the weather will break by then too.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:27 AM
Spike

yeah i've got some pics on my phone but i don't know how to put them on here. any help?
Old 10-28-2009, 11:02 PM
Fork Horn

Saw more bucks than normal on the way home from work.. all of them on the move with noses in the dirt. Seems early to me.. but it is what it is. I'm gonna try to hunt in the morning if I can stay up all night.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Seems like the bucks are still running together down here.Wont be long though.Have been seeing quite alot of movement.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:36 AM
Fork Horn

Saw three new rubs yesterday evening. If the weather cools off about the 2nd week in November The rut will bein full swing in Patrick County.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

Went out this afternoon (1:00 pm) in Fairfax and wasn't in the stand 10 minutes when I had a doe come in behind me. Double lunged her and while tracking her I had a 6 pointer come down the same trail. He saw me and went back the way he came. I found my deer, dragged her to a creek and while field dressing her the same buck snuck up behind me again. I didn't want to leave so I got back into the stand and was settled by 2:00 pm. About an hour I saw a really nice 8 pointer up on a ridge, I grunted and snort wheezed at him. He came my way for a little bit but decided to go on. He heard my calling and was looking but just wasn't in the mood. An hour after that I had 3 does come from the area the buck walked too and they had a little spike chasing them around. Not real hard but he seemed like he didn't know what to do. I then had a button buck come in to 12 yards but I didn't shoot him and then finally saw another 8 pointer in the same area as the first one. Again I grunted, snort wheezed, and also lightly rattled at him. He keep looking but wouldnt come my way. I don't think it was the same buck because he didn't have the same mass as the other. It was a good day in the woods for me, earned my buck for Fairfax and also put some good meat in the freezer. A side note, there were still a lot of acorns dropping in the woods. Hopefully we can get some colder weather so the action really heats up. Good luck to everyone.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:29 PM
Fork Horn

Was working today and saw a NIICCEEE buck chasing 3 doe in some guys yard right at dark. The first chasing I have seen in Sussex Co.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

Saturday the bucks were chasing does in Lunenburg. I was in a cutover with does running all around me and grunting going on all in the pines. I had easy shots at does and an easy shot at a spike but let them walk. The big ones never presented an y shot opportunities.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Be there this week, good to here!
Old 11-03-2009, 05:31 AM
Fork Horn

Prince William County
Witnessed 2 bucks chaseing and mating the same doe, semi close to manassas battlefields.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.