Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Bucks chasing does in Va.!!!!! >

Bucks chasing does in Va.!!!!!

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Bucks chasing does in Va.!!!!!

Old 11-17-2009, 08:39 AM
Typical Buck

I went out hunting Thurs. the 5th of Nov. during the black powder season and bagged a Fifteen Point Buck on the same Culpepper lease that I mentioned when starting this Post. He was 22" wide outside and weighed 200lbs. not field dressed. I am trying to get the pictures small enough to go on this site, but am having a heck of a time. I am not very computer saavy and only have a system at work to use as I dont actually own a computer. Yes, I know I am the last person to not own a PC. The rack is non-typical as it has four points on one side and 11 on the other. It has a drop tine with four points on it. It may not be an official fifteen pointer as I am not normally a rack hunter and we have always considered a point to be big enough if you can hang a ring on it. If anyone can help me with the pictures it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

Here is a quick easy way to resize pics and congrats on the buck!

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/
Old 11-18-2009, 10:42 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks Bowhuntr09!! I actually kind of figured it out and listed the pictures on this seasons bragging board. They did come out a little blurry, but you can see the rack none the less. That link you provided was just what I needed. I have saved it to my favorites list and hope to have something worth a picture in the future. I have really enjoyed this site as there are so many people like yourself that is willing to help others out and I think that is just great. This sport we love so much needs all the support we can provide!!! Take care and best of luck to you, Bud-
Old 11-20-2009, 06:05 PM
Typical Buck

So I take it no one has had any luck???
Old 12-01-2009, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wink

Originally Posted by VA5326
So I take it no one has had any luck???
i had a good season so far. I only have two tags left. I nailed two does and two bucks. I have been hunting out in Charlotte county with my hunt club. Our club members have done well. We started up the first day of ML season and then the first week of gun. This is what the cooler looked like after nine days:

This was the eight pointer I got. Not the biggest, but a sweet looking rack though:

This was the other one, a five pointer. I was loading it up to go to the meat processers:

I am looking to get back out in the woods soon. It is good to be retired and have the luxury of hunting whenever I want!!!