Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Va 39 ptr?

Old 10-22-2009, 01:33 PM
Spike

Question Va 39 ptr?

Dad saw a picture today of a 39ptr thats the new state record supposedly.. Any truth to this? If so pictures?
Old 10-23-2009, 04:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would like to see some pics as well.

I have seen Virginia's biggest P&Y buck kill ever recorded..... a 197 3/8-inch non-typical with 22 scorable points. 39 points would be amazing.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Spike

I have the pic in my phone that a friend sent me, my brother looked around on the internet and found the same photo with an article stating it was killed greenville illinois area it was a giant 320lbs. 39 points 40in . spread
Old 10-23-2009, 02:02 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by turkeyhunter76
I have the pic in my phone that a friend sent me, my brother looked around on the internet and found the same photo with an article stating it was killed greenville illinois area it was a giant 320lbs. 39 points 40in . spread
http://www.awesomeantlers.com/showphoto.php?photo=26103

That the photo? If it even shows up. But yeah that was the 39 pointer killed. It exists, just not in Va... yet.

Thanks for the help, wanted some clarification before I believed lol
Old 10-23-2009, 05:15 PM
Spike

Default same one

Originally Posted by DeerSlayer93
http://www.awesomeantlers.com/showphoto.php?photo=26103

That the photo? If it even shows up. But yeah that was the 39 pointer killed. It exists, just not in Va... yet.

Thanks for the help, wanted some clarification before I believed lol
that is exact same picture i have
Old 10-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Fork Horn

That pic has floated around for a little while. It was supposed to been killed from a fenced area in Illinois.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:04 PM
Typical Buck

people sure do like to lie and spread stuff via text message. I had someone send a pic of a deer being dragged by a mountain lion saying it was killed in Caroline. the first thing I did was search google images for "mountain lion dragging deer" and boom the pic poped right up, it was taken in texas somewhere.

Right now I'd be happy to see anything 8 points or better. This year has sucked so far for me
Old 10-23-2009, 11:25 PM
Spike

yeah i dont believe that 39 pointer is real..like when mike beatty killed that 300+ monster the whole hunting world knew about it. So why doesnt anyone know about this 39 pointer all to well? and the mountain lion dragging a deer was BS but, there has been real mountain lion sightings in Caroline. They had a picture of it in the paper