Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
black bear killed on Quantico >

black bear killed on Quantico

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

black bear killed on Quantico

Old 10-28-2009, 05:47 AM
Fork Horn

where are you going to be at down there? There is a chance we will be in there Friday for a afternoon bow hunt, I am not sure yet. Are you going to be over near that oak by the house? Between that area where the oak is and the county line is where he keeps getting seen at. Where are you hunting Sat?
Old 10-28-2009, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

Not sure which oak you are talking about but I will be behind the house about 200 yards or so. both days Saturday not sure yet. where are you guys go to be ? around the church property area down in the ravine ?

Last edited by bushanic; 10-28-2009 at 07:26 AM.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:25 AM
Fork Horn

The oak is the one you and I talked about on the phone, I guess it is directly behind the house.

We will either be on the field itself -one of us in the finger of the field directly to the left of the island of trees in the middle and the other one all the way in the very back almost straight behind the tree island. Or one of us will be in that bottom where those three bottoms come together (like we were talking about on the phone) and one of us in the big creek bottom directly behind the fields. I am hoping they have finally cut the corn in those fields by now!!
Old 10-29-2009, 06:29 AM
Fork Horn

Work Let us out early yesterday so I took a chance on going out right behind the house The only tree to us a climber in was a pine tuck back in the thick stuff had two shooting lanes. but saw nothing the wind was perfect coming from the corn field with a little swirling. Didnt use anything. No doe pee no grunting no rattling just want to see if anything would come to play. I dont no why a big buck would what to hang around that ravine any way with all the noise Dogs barking must have been 2hrs of it a few gun shoots. You would think he be gone.

Has for the corn field the front one is still standing not sure about the back ones. I did hear a truck back there but the gate was up I did not check to see if it was lock.

I am going with my son today going to try and get a good set up for the blind may use a decoy to distract what ever come in.it is really thick back there but we're going to try and make it work. Good luck
Old 10-29-2009, 07:49 AM
Fork Horn

Where were the dogs barking, were they house dogs up by the houses on the hardroad or were they back toward the back. Where did the shots come from? I did not think anyone else was going to be back in the fields.. hopefully it was the farmer checking to see if he can cut. It is going to be a long walk around the entire field edge to get the back with the corn up

As far as the deer hagning around, if it was the hosue dogs barking then I am sure he knows that as well. I have seen deer feed within 50 yards of dogs on a chain on in a kennel barking their heads off and the deer not pay it much mind at all.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:55 PM
Fork Horn

Just got back in.What a night we got there by 230 and were heading in and the woods exploded we were 10 feet from them and still could not see the deer they sure surprised the hell out of me. We left that area and went to a stand on the other side saw 4 does nothing in range for the kid. I might just have to get there at 4 in the moring and get in a tree and stay till dark.

The dogs were in the area of the trailer just before the county line. The gun shoot came from the same area but a little more back like RT625 . It sounded like someone got one on the other side of the road across from the house . one shoot and 15 minutes latter you could hear a truck coming out of the road.

How do you get in though the gate do you have a key. is there any way I can get one or we could lock locks. I am going to try and talk with the land owner for next year. dont want to be to pushy first year.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:21 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by bushanic
Brett, just got in and saw this post do you know the area? Man that is way cool.
Hoytspeed how are you doing have you been out yet ?
Justin any word on that buck.
9D- I got within 25 yards of him last year. No shot