Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Sign in VA

Old 10-26-2009, 08:48 AM
Typical Buck

Two of my buddies hunt over in Locust Grove and last year they kept walking up on an EMU. They even took pictures of it on their cell phones. Sounds like they need to start an EMU season in Va.

I was hunting in Culpepper Co. this weekend and had three bucks come in chasing a doe. One was a hell of a bruiser ten point with at least a 20" spread. They surrounded the doe and would not let her go for the longest time and then she found a way out and took off with all of them in pursuit. They were all within 30 yards of me, but in a thicket that would not allow for a good shot. None would cross my shooting lanes.....THE CHASE IS ON!!
Old 10-27-2009, 04:54 AM
Fork Horn

Seeing some scrapes and rubs in Patrick Co. this week.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:19 AM
Fork Horn

Everyone I have talked to has noticed a little more sign in the Northern Neck but still not alot. This weather is insane and it looks like Sat. is going to be as warm as opening day of archery..
Old 11-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like you guys have found plenty of good places to hunt around Nova.

I drove about 2.5 hours to Rapidan WMA last Friday, I took someone hunting for the first time so we just took 22s and shot at some squirrels, but my main intention was to scout for a good spot for deer (never been there before). Well, he missed all the squirrels he shot at and I didn't see anything that looked half decent for deer.