HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   Nasty weather tomorrow in VA (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/306838-nasty-weather-tomorrow-va.html)

bushanic 10-14-2009 03:02 PM

Nasty weather tomorrow in VA

So how many of you will be on stand?

I don't have much choice I put in for vacation and got to take it. I wanted to be in 14A on Quantico but a lot of the T/A areas are closed Thursday. I went to 17c and set my stand out in hopes something will be moving in the morning. Time for the rain gear.

virginiashadow 10-14-2009 04:41 PM

I have the next two days off Rick and wanted to hunt in the mid-day.....but with the pouring rain, I just do not know. It is supposed to be raining cold rain all day. I might just get out there and speed scout certain areas to get some exercise while not really impacting anything due to the nasty conditions. Not sure, but leaning toward not going in this weather.

bushanic 10-14-2009 04:52 PM

Brett, don't get your hopes up for a T/A theres a lot closed Thursday.

I have my eyes glued to the weather channel I might get a little break in the morning. I don't mind a little rain but a hard rain will just suck. i want to be in some pines with rain coming in but 14A is close.

I did bump some deer this evening putting my stand out maybe they will be back. I will have my cell on me if you want to try and meet up for a afternoon hunt. I could give a first hand report on the weather if anything. Good luck

HoytSpeed 10-14-2009 06:00 PM

I'm stuck in DC for training for the rest of the week. I'm definitely going out saturday morning. Any of you guys gonna be on base?

let me know I'd love to meet up in the morning. Good luck tmrw fellas, Hope the weather holds out for yah

eng40sqd 10-15-2009 05:18 AM

Rick,

Some of the boys from down in the4 'Neck saw a cruiser a few times now in your general area. They have seen him to the right of the house in the front, right where the woodline comes up to the road and the county line sign is. He has been hanging out right along that right edge the few times they have seen him.

Are you hunting Sat?

virginiashadow 10-15-2009 06:20 AM

Rick, I would really like to meet up with you for a hunt here soon, but I already cancelled my hunting plans and am picking up my kids this afternoon. I am just coming off not feeling well for a few days and don't want to push it in the this rainy cold weather. The weather doesn't look as bad as predicted. Good luck if you choose to go out. You might even be able to put a stalk on something moving down those powerlines this afternoon. The ground is quiet and will give you a chance to move around and explore while hunting. Good luck.

bushanic 10-15-2009 09:01 AM

Thats alright Brett.

Justin not sure if I will be down Saturday have to see how this buck plays out I just found a nice scrape and the rain looks like it might stop and the wind is just right. GO TA GO.

I came home real fast to dry out hope to back on stand by 3pm.

bushanic 10-15-2009 04:28 PM

What a DUMB A## I am.I find a really nice spot with what looks like a good scrape and a bunch of does around it. I come back at 2:30 to set up on it for this evening. Its raining and the wind is perfect got to try it. Now what can go wrong? I leave my safety harness (tree part) in the car. :bash: :bash:

so instead of spoiling the spot I back out with a feeling of emptiness. Dam

HoytSpeed 10-15-2009 06:31 PM

happens to the best of us. I did the same thing last saturday. Better safe than sorry right!

you plan on being out saturday morning?

Originally Posted by bushanic (Post 3474481)
What a DUMB A## I am.I find a really nice spot with what looks like a good scrape and a bunch of does around it. I come back at 2:30 to set up on it for this evening. Its raining and the wind is perfect got to try it. Now what can go wrong? I leave my safety harness (tree part) in the car. :bash: :bash:

so instead of spoiling the spot I back out with a feeling of emptiness. Dam

bushanic 10-15-2009 06:36 PM

Not sure yet HoytSpeed depends on the weather I had enough of the rain today. What T/A are you trying.