Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Virginia Opening Day >

Virginia Opening Day

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Virginia Opening Day

Old 10-06-2009, 02:59 AM
Spike

On Base. Ill be hunting on Friday dont know what TA ill be hunting in.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:04 AM
Fork Horn

Rick,

When yo usay new tract are you refering to the right side going back in there? Or did you get permission to the stuff we hunt as well. We have hung a few stands back in there. I will say that even with the key and being able to get to the parking area, it is still along walk around the field edge with the corn in the field LOL. I have a stand in the bottom you and me were talking about behind your other tracts, we have three spots along the field edge, and two down in the swamp, past the fields so depending upon the wind it gives us a few spots to choose from.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:43 AM
Fork Horn

Justin. The new track is the stuff in the middle of mudslide rd and the corn field. I wish I could permission to the land you guys have not the i would hunt any more then what I do with the other land. Just not enough time to do all that but like you said when the wind is blowing its nice to have several areas. My son and I tryed to scout the rigde to that bottom but it was so thick after a 1 hr walk cut a little trail we gave up it was just to hot that day.

When you going to out there be nice to meet up.

Last edited by bushanic; 10-06-2009 at 07:52 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-06-2009, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

Probably won't hunt down there until Monday or next Saturday, not sure yet.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saw 10 deer today, 7 within range. It was a great first day on Quantico for me today.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Typical Buck

Hunted Saturday. In the morning i saw about 15 deer. 5 of which were bucks. 2 of which were shooters. a big 7 and really nice 10 point. They were in range but never gave me an ethical shot. But i didnt spook them so i will be back and i hope the two big boys will be back. That evening i sat in another stand with the focus of taking a doe, about an hour half in i had two does come in with in 20 yards, i got a small window to take a shot through a shooting lane in the brush. I made it count. She only went 20 yards. I staid in the stand for the rest of the night however to see what else came by. I had another 6 does come by along with a 115" 8 point i let pass. It was an eventful first day. I look forward to the weekend, getting out all day Friday, Saturday and Monday.

Good luck to everyone else. I wish you all the best. Hunt hard
Old 10-07-2009, 04:08 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by virginiashadow
Saw 10 deer today, 7 within range. It was a great first day on Quantico for me today.

thats awesome, I still have not had a chance to get out! its killin me!
Old 10-07-2009, 05:46 AM
Fork Horn

Dam Brett that sounds like you had fun. What time of day Afternoon? I am going out thursday morning maybe 14A not sure yet.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:15 AM
Spike

went out yesterday evening..knew it was gonna be a good day cause it was cloudy to hide the bright moon and out stepped 2 wall hangers..a decent 8 and a small 6 point all together about 200 yards away then the 2 biggest bucks started brawling..didnt kill any but it was an exciting hunt
Old 10-07-2009, 06:48 AM
Fork Horn

Thumbs up Great Opening

I took a 13 year old out to one of my NOVA spots and we had a great time. We must have seen 40 deer and he was able to take a 6pt buck, his 1st deer. The young man will be hunting with my son and I this season and is now hooked forever. I think these 2 young men are going to put a hurting on the doe population.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.