OK Deer Season Sweet 16 >

OK Deer Season Sweet 16

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

OK Deer Season Sweet 16

Old 05-21-2003, 12:05 AM
Spike

Default OK Deer Season Sweet 16

What do you guys think of the new 16 day rifle season?
It doesn' t bother me much, I usually have the freezer stocked by then and go mainly for the camp fun and a few refreshments.
Old 05-21-2003, 09:21 AM

Default RE: OK Deer Season Sweet 16

I really like it b/c we have a pretty big family and it gives us a chance to all get together for awhile. We have a good time. I' m like you I' m usually good on meat from bow and mz season, but it' s still fun to hang out with everyone.
Old 05-21-2003, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

I don' like it. Just gives the poachers more time to do their dirty deeds. That means more time lost for me running them off . The whole idea of reducing the herd by extending the season is BS. If they want to reduce the deer herd open the doe days up for the full week. If the truth be told the longer season means more money in the economy and more lic sales which is more $ for the ODWC. They don' t want a quality deer herd they want a large deer herd. Just my thoughts.
Old 05-24-2003, 09:36 PM
Spike

Mod70, around here the poachers could care less about what season it is or what time of year it is.
I think you are right they are looking at from an economic point of view and a biological one also. They can run nine doe days and thin the herd and make a little more money, or they can run sixteen days and make alot more money.
The poaching problem is terrible around here, I have a good friend with 350 acres who is thinking very strongly about selling out because of the tresspassers/poachers on his land.
Old 05-26-2003, 08:07 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-26-2003, 04:27 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with you greg on most things you said. In my part of the state the poachers use deer season as a cover for their dirty deeds. They drive the roads morning noon, and night looking for deer on property they know they can' t hunt. They shoot it and drive off and come back after dark to get the deer. Then they go check it in. I have even caught a guy that had his wife let him out of the car to hunt and she came back to pick him up after dark. I just pulled in the gate and waited for her to return. I spend more time during deer season " patroling" than I do hunting. Now I will just have to do it for a week longer.
Old 05-26-2003, 09:57 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-28-2003, 11:53 AM

You think 16 days is too long. Try 100 day gun season in Florida. Then tack on bowseason, early muzzleloader, and the post gun two week muzzleloader season. No wonder the divorce rate is so high down here.[]
And you can shoot two deer per day. No tags required.
Im definatley burned out by mid January.
Good luck getting a handle on those poachers.[:@] More wildlife officers and stiffer penelties.[:-]
Old 06-05-2003, 10:38 AM
Fork Horn

its too long,they should make it earn a buck kill antlerless first then go for a buck.16 days thats plenty of time.
Old 06-05-2003, 08:25 PM
Typical Buck

buck-i they dont want to kill the does or thats what they would do. I agree with you kill a doe and earn a buck tag. I take more does than I do bucks and still see the herd growing. More deer means more lic. sales and $ for the dept.

Quick Reply: OK Deer Season Sweet 16

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.