HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   Any luck in florida? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/304971-any-luck-florida.html)

drewdaddy 09-26-2009 11:28 AM

Any luck in florida?

I hunt in north florida and today was opening day for bow season. Just curious if anyone in florida has had any luck?

Chuck7 09-26-2009 11:37 AM

I had to talk myself into going this morning..the warm bed was very tempting..On the way to the WMA I found a young lady stranded by the road..She was terrified when I stoppped and was decked out in camos..I assured her I was married and a Christian and she accepted a ride in my truck so I could get her some help.

I saw nothing ..but the WMA i hunt in is really wet..The vegetations had grown alot so I couldn't find my tacks..so I was lost for a while..It's nice knowing I can stll hike through the swamp and remember how to assemble my stand..Each year we get a little better..I was quiet and stood alot with my arrow nocked..I felt confident but I saw nothing YET.
.I'll be back. [ -:

huntnma 09-27-2009 03:23 AM

You're such a sweet man Chuck7...bet she really was relieved when you helped her out... My first hunt is this coming Thurs., hoping to get my buck this time....he's a monster but I'll settle for his lil brother, lol....he's a monster too, lol....
Everyone I have talked too , didn't see a thing.

DeadOnArrival 09-27-2009 09:51 AM

Just let a spike walk

Chuck7 09-27-2009 11:51 AM

Good luck Huntnma..If the ladyonly knew I had my bow pull up rope in one pocket and a 38 revolver in the other she would have never gotten in my truck..LOL

i hope ya get a good shot at your trophy buck.I'm hoping for one opportunity this year for a hog or deer..I've still yet to pull full draw on an animal..I blew 2 opportunities in the last 3 years..I'e learned now..when ya hear something you should be standing..cause if ya try standing when they are in sight they will bust ya..I'd love to get a doe ..My bow is too long for a sit down shot..44" axle to axle.

SWThomas 09-27-2009 02:31 PM

I have no bow so I can't hunt there yet. I'm waiting for ML season to start and then I'll get after it. And I also drew a tag to hunt Caravelle Ranch this season.

strutnbuck 09-27-2009 05:47 PM

I shot a doe this morning and saw a good buck chasing a doe... maybe next time!

Chuck7 09-28-2009 11:05 AM

If I shot a doe..I'd be one happy camper..{ -:
Congrats..I'd rather kill a doe with a bow than catch a 12 pound bass..

n.florida hunter 09-29-2009 10:16 PM

I watched a spike feed around me for a while. That was all that I saw Saturday. SUnday the kids and went to church and my wife hunted. She saw a six point without getting a shot. Monday all I saw was a couple turkeys. This is the slowest start to a bow season in 11 years. I am going to try it this morning when I get off. It has dropped to 54 degrees here right now so maybe it will put the deer to moving in my new spot.

Jseay 10-01-2009 10:06 AM

I hunted from Saturday a.m. until monday p.m. morning and afternoon and saw one buck in some thick pines never had a shot. Way to hot!