Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Green Swamp Hunting >

Green Swamp Hunting

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Green Swamp Hunting

Old 10-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Spike

I like Green Swamp better simply because it is bigger and I can get away from others. I am a novice and the solitude is better for me than actually getting the hog of a lifetime. Three Lakes was crowded when I was there and a lot smaller. For me the alone time is more valuable than the hunt.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

I definitely agree with statements about the crazy people out there, have had a few experiences of my own. I do have to say that I think it has improved somewhat since they have banned the consumption of alcohol and stepped up the FWC presence. I personally feel the best way to weave out the clowns out there that just go to shoot up the woods would be to not allow as many people in there, say maybe cut it down to 500 people, because we know serious hunters like ourselves will be out there first thing, most of the clowns get out there later. If the permits get taken up by real hunters won't be none left for the clowns.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Dominant Buck

"Three Lakes was crowded when I was there and a lot smaller."
Economics..

My friend ..Three Lakes is quite a few acres bigger..I beleive 58,000 acres..The WMA goes under the interstate as well...Green Swamp is around 54,000...nearly the same size..They are all crowded the first day..
I'd like to see the number down to 200 a day..and let us take one doe per year instead of no does.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:02 AM
Spike

Im going in this weekend for small game for squirrles and rabbits but im gonna do some scouting greenswamp west is the place to go it backs up to the other wma hilochee i had a fwc officer tell me he seen a 190 plus in hilochee but with all this rain i might need some bugspray and a dagum sailboat
Old 10-20-2011, 08:09 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Cacciatore
Can anyone point me out to some hog place/spot in greenswamp, my kid got interested in hunting, got him a crossbow and a surplus rifle.... help me make him happy, thanks.
just go out there dont go far of the main grate look for trails and places that all the baylake boys didnt tear up and run the dogs