Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
VA Hunter Check IN >

VA Hunter Check IN

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

VA Hunter Check IN

Old 09-08-2009, 06:16 AM
Fork Horn

Alright Kiddos I am back from New York, what is normally a beautiful trip to beautiful country was a bit somber this time. We went up for the memorial services for my Fiancee's Grandmother. Probably the first funeral I have shed tears at in awhile. Seems like normally I can do pretty well in keeping them inside, however when her grandfather started crying and they started playing Amazing Grace on the Bagpipes at the same time I was done. (having been in the fire service a number of years and attending way too many funerals, when I hear bagpipes playing amazing grace it is a trigger). She was a awsome woman and will be sorely missed.

On a plus note I did get invites to hunt a number of places up in the Albion area of NY. Maybe a road trip this year for a few days!!

Has anyone been watching anything in their areas worth anything. We have been watching 5 book sized deer for the last few weeks and I can say Oct 3rd will not get here quick enough.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:56 AM
Typical Buck

Default Okv

I'm in Winchester.

Hunting Frederick County.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I live in Hampton and will be hunting in Southampton Co.

Last edited by Allen Denton; 09-08-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Typical Buck

Hunting all three methods in VA. Louisa, Hanover, Powhatan, Goochland.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:39 PM
Spike

eng40sqd I'm also from King George, but currently in lynchburg for college. I'll be hunting between here and king george this fall. Personally I like lynchburg and its surrounding areas for the use of rifles, though I can't wait to go home to use my muzzleloader. My archery season will be spent filming my brother and uncle.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:13 PM
Spike

First post ............strictly hunting Bedford Cty
Old 09-16-2009, 03:11 AM
Fork Horn

jmnixon,

Where at in KG are you from? Where abouts in the county will you be hunting> I am trying to talk my buddy into filming during bow season, however the size of 3 of the deer we are going after has him refusing to sit in a tree empty handed, can not say I blame him, not too often you see deer scoring this high around this area.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:42 AM
Typical Buck

In Fairfax. Hunting some honey holes in Fairfax, Fauquier, Culpepeper, and good 'ol Fluvanna. I'm pretty sad to say my hunting will be limited this year due to work obligations, however, I am taking two weeks of vacation time this year to get some serious hunting in. What do you guys think? Last week of October and the first week of November or the first two weeks of November. Can't decide.... Historically, depending on the year, the last week of October, first or the second week of November has seen the most heated action as far as the rut is concerned. Thanks for the responses and good luck to all!
Old 09-16-2009, 06:21 AM
Spike

I'm located near dahlgren on the machodac creek, amd hunt there on my family farm. I also have a couple bucks I'm trying to get on.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by VA5326
In Fairfax. Hunting some honey holes in Fairfax, Fauquier, Culpepeper, and good 'ol Fluvanna. I'm pretty sad to say my hunting will be limited this year due to work obligations, however, I am taking two weeks of vacation time this year to get some serious hunting in. What do you guys think? Last week of October and the first week of November or the first two weeks of November. Can't decide.... Historically, depending on the year, the last week of October, first or the second week of November has seen the most heated action as far as the rut is concerned. Thanks for the responses and good luck to all!
I used to do the last week in Oct. and the First in Nov. however after switching up the last few years I have to say the second week of black powder is when I have seen most of the rutting action around the 'Neck. Just what I have been seeign myself though, maybe be a little different toward Fluvanna and should be close to the same up in NOVA I would think.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.