Any Texas Hunters Out There?

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Any Texas Hunters Out There?

Old 10-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Fork Horn

bobcat what does the turkey/hogs hunt go for whats included
Old 10-22-2009, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

bobcat sorry i still cant pm dont know whats up evry time it tells me im not logged in would definitley take you up on your place but not sure of timeframe myself ill keep in touch would also be willing to help you in any way while there not looking for a free ride thanks mike
Old 10-23-2009, 01:29 AM
Spike

Default NW Houston

Hunting Sam Houston National Forest.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:57 AM
Spike

I hunt in Killeen,Tx. About 20 mins outside Ft.Hood, on a little 5 acre piece of land. Killed a 9 pt last tuesday on that land.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

congrats did you have him scouted out or did he just show p
Old 10-26-2009, 02:04 PM
Spike

First buck I have seen on that land.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Fork Horn

I'm from the DFW area, and I have two places to hunt. One is near Buffalo - about half way between Dallas and Houston - and the other is about 35 miles north of Del Rio. We have hogs and deer near Buffalo, and deer and turkeys near Del Rio.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Spike

I am in Texarkana, but I hunt in Cass County. Lots of deer, the 13 inch requirement is beginning to pay off.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Spike

Default Public Land

Originally Posted by newcomer24
well i am new to texas and want to get into bowhunting whitetails im from La Grange looking for property to hunt public or Private if you could help me out that would be great thanks!
Texas Parks & Wildlife offers the TYPE II permit for an extra $48
over the license and stamps. In that book that arrives, as well as on their web site, you will find areas where the Public Land is located.
When you don't know the area and would like to hunt w/o the blown up cost of a middleman broker arrangement on a lease, then check out the Public TYPE II Permitting.

I had a lease in NE Schleicher County in mid-90's and it was great!
In the 12 guns we had 8,500 acres and I had one whole section (640ac) to myself for two years. There was some exceptional game and the area in the Edwards Plateau offered a promising future experience(s). For our <$800 per year fee we had it made and made some great accomodations for ourselves. THEN the land owner basically got greedy and immediately went up to $2,500 for 3 day hunts and of course that sent us packing. It is a shame that the brokers get involved and ruin the opportunities for the not so wealthy middle income working stiffs (That was when we had jobs) to be able to hunt in our own state. Public Hunting land is good but not as good as the lease was. Now it seems it may be less costly to hunt out of state in AR, NM, OK and some other states than to try and lease a descent place in Texas - that is unless you have unlimited resources. For us, all we did was take care of the place, not trash it up, did not shoot everything moving, helped with improvements. You know, the kind of things you would do if it was your own property. But when an owner can get $2,500 v $700 what do you think is going to happen? Support your legislators who are hunters and fishermen too, and support your local Game Warden. They are out there to help you too!

Last edited by TXBBQman; 11-07-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

hey evryone just wondering how the seasons going ours here in maine is over and im on to something else well be ice fishing in a month or so,

bobcat shoot me an email if you get a minute i cant pm dont know why its messed up [email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.