Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Buck Rubs and Scrapes in North Florida >

Buck Rubs and Scrapes in North Florida

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Buck Rubs and Scrapes in North Florida

Old 08-23-2009, 08:09 PM
Spike

Default Buck Rubs and Scrapes in North Florida

What time of year do you usually start seeing rubs?

What time of year do you usually start seeing scrapes?

Would love to hear some input from you north florida hunters!

Kind Regards,
Axel
Old 08-23-2009, 09:32 PM
Fork Horn

Outlander I hunt in Perry and I usually start finding sign around the first week in August. 2 years ago I was hunting in Wacissa and didn't start seeing any real good sign until around the end of September. I really think that it depends on the area you are in. The rubs I am seeing now are just the velvet rubs no rutting action the scrapes are from the young bucks.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:48 AM
Fork Horn

I hanen't hunted around your area in years but I would say Sept. you should start seeing some rubs with the scrapes really heating up around Oct. Further West where I live you start finding the rubs around mid Nov. and the scrapes around Dec. I have found fresh scapes and rubs as late as late Jan here in the panhandle.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Spike

I hunt in lafayette, suwannee and madison counties and agree that I usually start to see a few rubs in august. I have not seen the sign yet this year that I usually do at this time, but by the end of september I usually start to see several rubs. Last year for example I did not start to see most scrapes until mid to late november/early december with a random one or two in late october. The scrapes for me usually start when we get a cold spell or two, so they can pop up at random times. Hope this helps and good luck.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Spike

I have seen some scapes and ruds but far and few in between. Hope it heats up when i am hunting in mid oct.