The only good snake is a...

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

The only good snake is a...

Old 06-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default The only good snake is a...

DEAD SNAKE!!!
All jokes aside, the only snakes I kill are poisonous ones. This copperhead measured 41 ½” and was curled back in striking position 10" from one of my little B&T gyps. I don't know how the other 2 made it past the copperhead b/c they walked right where it was, but I'm glad nonetheless. I just happened to look down and it was curled back about to nail her on her side. I only had a split second to whack it & thank god I had my Tally-Ho stick w/ me!

This would have been the 2nd time in less than a year a dog of mine was bitten by a copperhead.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:26 PM
Spike

Default RE: The only good snake is a...

Did you have to have to change your underdrawers? Lucky your four legged hunting buddies didn't get hit. Two years ago IAgee wasn't as lucky,I wind-up in the local hospital overnight from a strike just above my left ankle. Agee a dead snake is a good one.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:17 AM
Typical Buck

Thats one of the largest copperheads I've seen! Good job taking it out. I'm sure there will be few cry about it....To freaking bad! I've killed a few and will kill a lot more...given the chance
Old 06-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Steve,

Thats a good size snake, where did you whack him at? Hope all is well and looking forward to this fall to hopefully rabbit hunt with you finally.

Jim
Old 06-25-2009, 07:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

We found this little guy hog hunting.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:46 AM
Fork Horn

I do not like to see a dead snake but when i do i am glad it is a copperhead.if you go for walks you need what rev has on his feet.a good pair of snake boots can save you alot of pain.them copperheads are not happy snakes they will hit you 2-3-4-5 times and look to hit you somemore.now revs pet he has on his foot they just try to get away from you.This was 1 of my pets http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/stonecaty/cem003.jpg
Old 08-07-2009, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by shump
I do not like to see a dead snake but when i do i am glad it is a copperhead.if you go for walks you need what rev has on his feet.a good pair of snake boots can save you alot of pain.them copperheads are not happy snakes they will hit you 2-3-4-5 times and look to hit you somemore.now revs pet he has on his foot they just try to get away from you.This was 1 of my pets http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/stonecaty/cem003.jpg
Why in heavens name would you have a dangerous animal as a rattle snake for a pet? You are one o the people that I hear about in the news. I remember hearing about a little girl being killed by a pet snake that daddy had. This is so stupid. That snake belongs in the woods and not around humans.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:48 AM
Typical Buck

Shump- nice timber rattler

I personally love snakes, used to work at the reptile houses in various zoo's (national, San Diego, and private) But Copperheads are mean SOB's and i have had them lunge at me more then any other snake. Not a fan of them. As a kid i used to catch copperheads around the day care center to protect the other kids (my father was the head guy at the reptile house/bird of prey house at the national zoo, so i grew up with snakes and hawks/eagles and owls in my house.) But if you are in an area with a lot of snakes, snakes boots and or big rubber boots are a good idea, especially with copperheads, they dont give warnings.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:42 AM
Spike

Killed this guy last week on the way to go fishing- Ending up being 5 feet long w/ 11 rattles.

http://plane-insane.com/uploader/010.JPG *Warning- BIG picture

Last edited by AGRTigers560; 08-07-2009 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Spike

I dont care for snakes , especially poisonous ones.
About 6 years ago while hunting I was hit 3 times on the toe of my boot.
Luckily , it didnt penetrate and was very surprised by the speed at which the 3 strikes occured. It was like a machine gun on 3 shot burst , that fast.

Being at night , I barely noticed the event until I realized I had my foot on the body of the snake.
Put a big stick to his head and made a mess of it.

Use caution when in the woods.

Quick Reply: The only good snake is a...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.